Reload this Page >

Tra They Say Yay !!!!

Tra They Say Yay !!!!

Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:13 am
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tra They Say Yay !!!!

Hi guys

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my positive TRA assessment back today.

It has taken 30 long days from posting to receiving back but it felt like forever.

Not sure I want to go now - telling all my friends and family the news has made me realise the enormity of it all.

Do I really want to sell my house, up sticks and move to the other side of the world, dragging my family with me - am I being selfish for wanting this, who am I doing it for me or them???

Please tell me if this is normal to feel like this - I mean its not even the bloody visas - what am I going to be like when that happens????

For those who don't know me I take very little serious - life is too short and perhaps this is what has hit me so hard - the fact that I am not sure I want to do this now.

Sas x-x-x
Old Nov 8th 2006, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tra They Say Yay !!!!

Originally Posted by sassycat
Hi guys

It has taken 30 long days from posting to receiving back but it felt like forever.

Not sure I want to go now - telling all my friends and family the news has made me realise the enormity of it all.

Do I really want to sell my house, up sticks and move to the other side of the world, dragging my family with me - am I being selfish for wanting this, who am I doing it for me or them???

Please tell me if this is normal to feel like this - I mean its not even the bloody visas - what am I going to be like when that happens????

For those who don't know me I take very little serious - life is too short and perhaps this is what has hit me so hard - the fact that I am not sure I want to do this now.

Sas x-x-x
Congratulations - its a great feeling isn't it. We got ours back on Monday after a very nervy four weeks.

We had the exact same feelings over the last two days, but mostly elation, so I guess its pretty normal. As you say life is short, my thinking is try it and if you don't like it come back - at least you've tried it.

I am pretty sure that over the coming months the rollercoaster of emotions will get even worse as we wait for the visa.

Good luck with your application.

Ian.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ian_s
Congratulations - its a great feeling isn't it. We got ours back on Monday after a very nervy four weeks.

We had the exact same feelings over the last two days, but mostly elation, so I guess its pretty normal. As you say life is short, my thinking is try it and if you don't like it come back - at least you've tried it.

I am pretty sure that over the coming months the rollercoaster of emotions will get even worse as we wait for the visa.

Good luck with your application.

Ian.
Thanks Ian

Sure my feelings will change when the shock of passing is over.

Don't think I would come back - very little here for me - but never say never

If the rollercoaster gets any worse I wanna get off now

Good luck with everything and best wishes

Love Sas x-x-x
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:18 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Sassy
i felt the same and i'm still feeling like that now
I have my bad days(dont want to go) and then other days its 'get me the hell out of here'!!
My visa application is in the hands of my agent at the mo' and ,after spending over 3 grand, i'm still unsure wether i'll have the bottle to go thru' with it
I'm just gonna go thru' the whole process then see what happens.

regards,Lee
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:24 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Bmth ain't going anywhere , sort out the next step ( visa ) and move , if you hate it (not many do ) then hey , bumbles and beales will let you back in for the same ole same ole
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Sassy
i felt the same and i'm still feeling like that now
I have my bad days(dont want to go) and then other days its 'get me the hell out of here'!!
My visa application is in the hands of my agent at the mo' and ,after spending over 3 grand, i'm still unsure wether i'll have the bottle to go thru' with it
I'm just gonna go thru' the whole process then see what happens.

regards,Lee
Hey Lee - how you doin???

How long you had your TRA? Can't remember if you told me b4 on one of our "run ins"

I don't know what I want at the moment - for ages it was Oz this and Oz that now I've kinda gone off the boil a bit with it all. So much stress and it causes loads of arguments and to be honest I'm not sure its worth it.

Spent a fortune on agents fees as well, but thats not really the issue, thing is I'd only spend on other things - wouldn't I

Is it really a case of having the bottle to go through with it - if you want something badly enough you take it - just that you have to want it enough - - know what I mean??

Life is too short for what ifs and if everything goes through I will give it a go - unless of course I'm divorced before that

Good Luck Hun - it will sort it self out.

Hang on a minute - wasn't I the one looking to be cheered up - bloody typical man - always turn the tables to suit

Love Sas x-x
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Bmth ain't going anywhere , sort out the next step ( visa ) and move , if you hate it (not many do ) then hey , bumbles and beales will let you back in for the same ole same ole

Cheers for that - Whats wrong with Bournemouth

If I go I know I won't hate it - life is what you make it at the end of the day - be it in Sunny Bournemouth or even Sunnier Perth
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:36 pm

Cheers for that - Whats wrong with Bournemouth

If I go I know I won't hate it - life is what you make it at the end of the day - be it in Sunny Bournemouth or even Sunnier Perth
I used to live by branksome rec , love bmth and dorset , but don't miss any of it other than a nice ruby at the westbourne tandy,.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

I used to live by branksome rec , love bmth and dorset , but don't miss any of it other than a nice ruby at the westbourne tandy,.

Really - I live about 5 minutes walk from there - can't tell fibs abut how glorious it is then - can I

Westbourne isn't the same anymore too snotty

Where are you now then?

Sas x-x-x
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:44 pm

Really - I live about 5 minutes walk from there - can't tell fibs abut how glorious it is then - can I

Westbourne isn't the same anymore too snotty

Where are you now then?

Sas x-x-x
MMM have a guess ( clues in the name )
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

MMM have a guess ( clues in the name )
LMAO

Melbourne?????????

No I meant whereabouts - are you always this awkward????????

Did you choose to leave Parkstone or was it for your own personal safety Jeez sarcasm
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:55 pm

LMAO

Melbourne?????????

No I meant whereabouts - are you always this awkward????????

Did you choose to leave Parkstone or was it for your own personal safety Jeez sarcasm
Moved from there 2 blandford , but did like it in parky mmm the smell of parrs lol.

Yes wanted to return to Perth since a year in aus in 93 .
Bmth /poole beach packed ie no sight of sand , here loads of room

Gone from a 2 bed box too 4x2 with plenty of room .
Loads to do , and see .
Can take a while to settle but worth the hastle
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

Moved from there 2 blandford , but did like it in parky mmm the smell of parrs lol.

Yes wanted to return to Perth since a year in aus in 93 .
Bmth /poole beach packed ie no sight of sand , here loads of room

Gone from a 2 bed box too 4x2 with plenty of room .
Loads to do , and see .
Can take a while to settle but worth the hastle
Bloody hell - where abouts in Blandford did you live - I used to live in Winterbourne Whitchurch - about 5 miles outside of there before we came here.

Parrs ................. YUk

Ryvita ..............MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Thats the thing everyone goes for isn't it - better, healthier, easier life - nicer car, house, social life etc etc.......thing is have most of that here - so why the hell am I dragging my family all the way over there for? Oh yea nice sand - only joking - see can't even be serious when I'm feeling peed off

You on Expats??? (can i mention that on here )
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Tra They Say Yay !!!!

Hi guys

Sas x-x-x
Congrats Sassy, you will be fine. Feeling nervous is normal, but just follow your dream or desires and hopefully a better life awaits you!! Don't allow yourself to bottle out, because you will always think "What If...."
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:19 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Well done mate and the feelings that you are having are totally natural, lets face it this is one helluva thing we are all doing here, its not a bloody trip to tescos we are talking about. Me an mrs red are going through emotions that we cant even explain, are they blind fear or apprehension or what the hell are they???? :scared: neither of us can say what it is we are feeling we just know that we are if that makes sense. You go for it hun, you said it yourself, life is too short, if you dont you will live to regret it cos you will never know what may have been, if you go and it dont work out then at least you did it.

Take care for now hun,

Nev X.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.