Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA Success - ACS (RPL)

TRA Success - ACS (RPL)

Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

grays is on a distinguished road
Default TRA Success - ACS (RPL)

Got the all important email this morning from our agent saying I've successfully passed the TRA.
For those interested I work in IT, but have no formal IT qualifications, just too many years of experience ! Because of this I had to follow the Recognition of Prior Learning path (RPL)which meant writing approx 11,000 + words of waffle on my experiences. Also had to provide reference letters, course certificates etc etc. My timeline for this part for those interested is as follows :
TRA submitted to ACS 24/07/207
ACS acknowledge receipt 02/08/2007
TRA Status ACS - In Process 23/08/2007
TRA Status ACS - Case Finalised 31/08/2007
TRA Passed, letter received 05/09/2007

This also included a 10 delay because of problems with them accepting our credit card payment. Just glad this part is out of the way !
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TRA Success - ACS (RPL)

Congratulations! Did you get MODL? We passed our RPL in August. Good luck with your visa application

ps it's just ACS success the TRA is for other occupations!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

m4t_lee has a brilliant futurem4t_lee has a brilliant futurem4t_lee has a brilliant futurem4t_lee has a brilliant futurem4t_lee has a brilliant futurem4t_lee has a brilliant futurem4t_lee has a brilliant future

Congrats both, i got my acs with modl back 2 weeks ago, just getting everything else together and hope to apply for my visa next week (fingers crossed)

Whats the TRA?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

grays is on a distinguished road
Smile ACS (RPL) - Skills assessment passed.

Ignore my references to TRA, I've been reading too many websites and got a bit confused, derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. That's what comes with a career in IT !
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grays
Got the all important email this morning from our agent saying I've successfully passed the TRA.
For those interested I work in IT, but have no formal IT qualifications, just too many years of experience ! Because of this I had to follow the Recognition of Prior Learning path (RPL)which meant writing approx 11,000 + words of waffle on my experiences. Also had to provide reference letters, course certificates etc etc. My timeline for this part for those interested is as follows :
TRA submitted to ACS 24/07/207
ACS acknowledge receipt 02/08/2007
TRA Status ACS - In Process 23/08/2007
TRA Status ACS - Case Finalised 31/08/2007
TRA Passed, letter received 05/09/2007

This also included a 10 delay because of problems with them accepting our credit card payment. Just glad this part is out of the way !

Congratulations Grays.

My OH had his acknowledgement on the 16th Aug. Hopefully his assessment will be as fast as yours!!! You have given us hope that we will hear soon!

Good luck with your visa application. You've done the hard part now!!