Tra Sent

Old Jan 20th 2004, 12:30 am
Just Joined

smithke2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Tra Sent

Hi All,
after months of prep work I have sent off my TRA application. It went in todays post! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the EFT bank transfer doesn't screw up and cause me a bunch of delays. Anyway... my question is with the priority application fee of 500 AUD. Is it worth it?

thnx
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Fuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tra Sent

Originally posted by smithke2
Hi All,
after months of prep work I have sent off my TRA application. It went in todays post! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the EFT bank transfer doesn't screw up and cause me a bunch of delays. Anyway... my question is with the priority application fee of 500 AUD. Is it worth it?

thnx

Would have thought so, i fast tracked mine and it came back after three weeks.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

thnx
Yep, we also fast tracked and got a positive result in 3 weeks............
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

pete 10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA

Bloody Hell excuse my language Hope no one is offended but "3 weeks" thats quick we were not sure wether or not to fast track ours and pay the extra but after reading this we definatley will do now .
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough

Hi All,

thnx
I was unsure whether to respond with what is negative info - but I asked the same question myself - got similar answers and then ended up stalking the postman and becoming more and more frustrated.
We got ours back yesterday - good news - very happy
BUT - it took 4 months and we paid $500 to fast track.
Paid for elec transfer of money 14 Oct, posted papers by registered post 15 Oct - even allowing for xmas - that is not 60 days - let alone 3 weeks.

I do hope that ours was an odd, out of the ordinary situation and that your stuff is super quick - Good Luck!
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:33 pm
Go Banana's !!

Don't want to wory you.....but........we didn't pay the fast track and got ours back in just over two weeks and there is another thread on here 'Got hubbies TRA back' and they fast tracked it and it took 4 months !!!

It may be related to how complicated the jobs or your employment history is.

Think they must have had an agent prob

Jill

Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:34 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by johnkay
I was unsure whether to respond with what is negative info - but I asked the same question myself - got similar answers and then ended up stalking the postman and becoming more and more frustrated.
We got ours back yesterday - good news - very happy
BUT - it took 4 months and we paid $500 to fast track.
Paid for elec transfer of money 14 Oct, posted papers by registered post 15 Oct - even allowing for xmas - that is not 60 days - let alone 3 weeks.

I do hope that ours was an odd, out of the ordinary situation and that your stuff is super quick - Good Luck!
As if by magic - the very post I was talking about

Jill

Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough

Can you use some of that magic to get our application through in say about 6 months?
By the way - my husbands emploment history was not complicated - been doing same job for 20 years, been with same employer for 14!
Didn't use an agent - but then had no queries on application either.
Did wonder if the post office let us down - as posted 15 Oct, but did not get an acknowledgment letter until 23 Nov. Still hav the receipt as sent registered post, but does seem a waste of energy now, as got the result we wanted - just later and costly!
Ho Hum!
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:49 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by johnkay
Can you use some of that magic to get our application through in say about 6 months?
By the way - my husbands emploment history was not complicated - been doing same job for 20 years, been with same employer for 14!
Didn't use an agent - but then had no queries on application either.
Did wonder if the post office let us down - as posted 15 Oct, but did not get an acknowledgment letter until 23 Nov. Still hav the receipt as sent registered post, but does seem a waste of energy now, as got the result we wanted - just later and costly!
Ho Hum!
That's a shame no agent to vent your anger on............

Wow how I got that wrong as they only need the last ten years, so it should have been straight forward.

Well very best of luck with the rest of it

Jill