Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA ( Self Employed Needs Help)

TRA ( Self Employed Needs Help)

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

donnyjoseph is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face TRA ( Self Employed Needs Help)

Hi all,

I am self employed and I want to send my application to TRA for skill accesment.

I own my own work shop manufacturring cold pressure butt welding machines. I am self employed since 6 years.

I also have a diploma in mechanical engineering which I finished in 1998.

I dont have any apprentice ship training. I learnt all the skills from my dad who also owns a work shop.

Is any one in here who are self employed as machinist or in other trade who applied to TRA.

Can you please tell me what are the documents needed and what are things I need to show them.

Thanks in advance,
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

donnyjoseph

Quite a few of us (myself included) replied to your original request and as stated the workplace.gov.au site should state what is required.

Im not trying to be funny but - You really have to research for yourself in terms of getting together a statutory declaration only you know what you do on a daily basis. And I provided you with quite a long list of what we provided (also self employed).

The fact that you havent done an apprenticeship may or may not be a hinderence - you would have to ask one of the experts. But I would have thought (IMO) that the amount of experience you have will be quite helpful as tra is all about experience, knowledge, skill and not necessarily qualifications (if Im wrong guys please correct me).

If your stuck maybe you should consider the help of an agent.

All the best