Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA References from employers !! Help !!

TRA References from employers !! Help !!

Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:38 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRA References from employers !! Help !!

We have gone through the TRA application form, are you expected to get in touch with all employers for the last 20 years ?? That is a really tricky one as some of them are not there now .... What do we do ? HELP
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:46 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA References from employers !! Help !!

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
We have gone through the TRA application form, are you expected to get in touch with all employers for the last 20 years ?? That is a really tricky one as some of them are not there now .... What do we do ? HELP
Get the refrences from the ones you can and those that have ceased trading you will have to do a stat dec at the solicitors explaning that they no longer exsist but you worked for them .
Good luck
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:53 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Get the refrences from the ones you can and those that have ceased trading you will have to do a stat dec at the solicitors explaning that they no longer exsist but you worked for them .
Good luck
Just try not to leave any gaps in your time line...Get references where possible and make sure you make STAT DECS for those other misssing periods.. Don't give them any chance to query your application...the more paperwork the better..
CORKER
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CORKER
Just try not to leave any gaps in your time line...Get references where possible and make sure you make STAT DECS for those other misssing periods.. Don't give them any chance to query your application...the more paperwork the better..
CORKER
Ive just finished my paperwork and got references from previous and present employer, however they dont go into detail about which tools I used, and every job I did. Most of them just say that I was employed as a hairdresser between blah and blah - Ive gone into HUGE detail about work I have done drawing colour wheels and all sorts and listed all the tools I use but I hear that the references bit may let me down as there is not enough detail.
Anybody else got experience of this?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated

Louise
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:36 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiselondon
Ive just finished my paperwork and got references from previous and present employer, however they dont go into detail about which tools I used, and every job I did. Most of them just say that I was employed as a hairdresser between blah and blah - Ive gone into HUGE detail about work I have done drawing colour wheels and all sorts and listed all the tools I use but I hear that the references bit may let me down as there is not enough detail.

Louise
Yes, write the refs yourself and then take then in for the old bosses to sign and put it on leeterheaed paper. If they havent got that, then use a business card from them,colour photocopy it to make it look like a leeterhead, then put it through your printer with all the ref you typed(after they have checked the info) and get them to sign it!

the more work you do for them the less they have to, and if all of the info is true, then dimia cant really say anything. I think they would understand if most bosses from 20 yrs ago wouldnt have time for you or a 3 page ref!!

good luck

alk
Old Aug 10th 2005, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
yes that happened with us. My husband did his time with British Gas, as you know it is now Transco, he did a stat declaration, it was like a book, me and my sister typed it between us, our agent said it was the best he had seen. If i have it i will send it to u as and example, as our agent is now using it for examples. Denise
Old Aug 10th 2005, 1:02 pm
Bit more than Jnr. Member

alneve2oz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cranni
yes that happened with us. My husband did his time with British Gas, as you know it is now Transco, he did a stat declaration, it was like a book, me and my sister typed it between us, our agent said it was the best he had seen. If i have it i will send it to u as and example, as our agent is now using it for examples. Denise
If you have a digital copy that you didn't mind sharing, I'd love to read it, because my requirement for a stat dec is assured - I have few formal qualifications, but extensive experience (for my young 26 years) in the IT industry, the problem is, is that it is virtually all from the same company, which has now ceased trading, I am however still able to contact my former boss, and I still have a copy of the reference they gave me a little over a year ago when they went belly up.

I was wondering if anyone can explain in more detail exactly what a statutory declaration would involve, evidence, costs, etc.

If anyone has any ideas or has been in a similar situation, I'd love to hear your views...

AJ.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Louiselondon

Louise
They are looking for your past and present employer to state what equipment you used and how you went about using them. What we did was write the letters ourselves and asked them to copy them on there headed paper ( s*%t i hope the TRA are not watching ) Just as someone has said you can not give them enough detail
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:12 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone interested, this is the stat dec template we used...
Attached Files
File Type: doc
STAT DEC TEMPLATE.doc (33.0 KB, 103 views)
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

paul&ruth is an unknown quantity at this point

as most people seem to be saying....get technical, in-depth call it what you want. what you think may be too much info will/may not be enough for the tra. took us 6mnths to get it something like before we sent it.
dont list day to day stuff and think it will be ok as a minimum my refs were at least 5 a4 sheets long from employers stating in quite a lot of detail the job that i did, general duties day2day equipment etc etc.
write it down once then you'll think of something that should be in there...then do it all again....as i said get deep, the outcome of the assessment is in somebody's hands so impress the pants off them wherever possible!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:38 pm

hutchy59 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cranni
Hi Denise
Would you be able to send that to us? I know it will be a great help, I just don't know where to start. I am trying to obtain references, but some companies are no longer trading and even the one's which are, are not very helpful, but I have got some really good advice from this site.
Thanks very much
Davey