TRA questions

Old Dec 11th 2005, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRA questions

Hi, I'm about to start our application for migration and have read many posts regarding the TRA. Is this the people who assess whether my skills are required in oz?

How do you get the forms to fill in for the TRA?

I am a toolmaker but have spent a lot of the last few years building special purpose machinery so I could be called a fitter or a mechanical engineer.
Would one of those be more desirable than the other?

I emigrated in 1988 on a skilled toolmakers visa but came back after two years.

Merry xmas
Old Dec 11th 2005, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: TRA questions

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi, I'm about to start our application for migration and have read many posts regarding the TRA. Is this the people who assess whether my skills are required in oz?

I am a toolmaker but have spent a lot of the last few years building special purpose machinery so I could be called a fitter or a mechanical engineer.

Merry xmas
Hi, post this on the emmigration site. You will get all the answers you need.
All the best
Dave
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:04 am

Mandy&Stu is an unknown quantity at this point

Merry xmas
Hi Jazzys, This web page should have all all the answers you need
http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

Stu
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mandy&Stu
Hi Jazzys, This web page should have all all the answers you need
http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

Stu
HI Stu,
where from Man. were you from? I'm from Sale. TRA acknowledged, hoping to move to Brisbane.... How is it where you are now?
Dave
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:18 am

Mandy&Stu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
HI Stu,
where from Man. were you from? I'm from Sale. TRA acknowledged, hoping to move to Brisbane.... How is it where you are now?
Dave
Hi Dave, Nice to see a couple of Mancs on there way out here.We're in Albany Creek which is in the northern suburbs of Brizzie. Only been here a month but lovin it. We lived in Whitefield before we left. What trade do you have? When do you think you'll be here?

Cheers

Stu
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Hi Dave, Nice to see a couple of Mancs on there way out here.We're in Albany Creek which is in the northern suburbs of Brizzie. Only been here a month but lovin it. We lived in Whitefield before we left. What trade do you have? When do you think you'll be here?

Cheers

Stu

Hello we're originally Mancs (now cheshire) Me from Clayton, Wifey from Prestwich just down the road from whitefield (hey you might know her)
We are at TRA waiting stage if successful its gotta be Brisbane for us too.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers

Stu

Hiya,
I'm an air conditioning installation engineer(4312-11 ) have been for nearly 9 years now! Fingers crossed, later 2006 or early 2007. Wife is a Manc. from Gorton, don't want to burst yor bubble Stu but I'm Yorkshire born and bred.(Horsforth, Leeds :scared: ) Been living in Sale for last 9 years .
TTFN
Here is a christmas to you and yours
xx
Daveandkathh
Old Dec 12th 2005, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: TRA questions

Originally Posted by caleb2003
Hello we're originally Mancs (now cheshire) Me from Clayton, Wifey from Prestwich just down the road from whitefield (hey you might know her)
We are at TRA waiting stage if successful its gotta be Brisbane for us too.
Is not the wait from TRA the worst wait in the world??? I would rather wait for City to win the European Cup......................
Daveandkathh
TTFN
xx
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Your best bet would be to look at the MODL and see if toolmaker is on there. I am a fitter but I did a toolroom apprenticeship and I know that fitters are on the list so this will increase your point score. If you just get the TRA all the info they require your should have no problems as my assessment went through straight away. PM me and I will send you all my info to help you get started.

Sean
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:11 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

if you had a permanent residence visa then as i understand it as you validated it you can apply for whats effectively an extension so you don't have to go through it all again. don't know what form it is though, and may be wrong.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:24 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) is the Government body that is given the remit to assess whether intending migrants with trade skills occupations have the qualifications and/or experience to emigrate to Australia. The assessment is purely paper based - so there is a need to ensure the application goes into sufficient detail as to enable the TRA assessor to give you the outcome you want.

The forms for completion are available at workplace.gov.au - as noted in an earlier posting.

In your situation, where there might be more than one occupation available to you it would most probably be best to focus on the occupation that gives you the preferred outcome - Toolmaker is on the MODL which means you can claim an additional 15 points (20 if you have a job offer from a company in Australia), so that may well be the occupation on which you should focus.

You should also be aware of TRA's assessment criteria:
http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...00527_6_05.pdf

Hope this helps. In case of need of further assistance and/or a freebie initial discussion: http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#appraisal

Best wishes for a Happy Xmas.

Merry xmas