TRA question cnc - metal machinist

TRA question cnc - metal machinist

Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

keri will become famous soon enoughkeri will become famous soon enough
Default TRA question cnc - metal machinist

Hello everyone.
This site is great and its so useful.
Everyone here is so helpful and supportive of each other.
Thank you for the fantastic advice.

I have a TRA question. My partner and I il be filling out the form next week. We were going to do it last year but person matters came up so we are finally ready to make the move.

My beau is a cnc turner / miller. He is going to go under the metal machinist trade with tra.

1. does any one know if this i the correct trade or has other cnc skilled person wnt under this trade.

2. how much evidence will he need. -
He has is degree in manufacturing and a diploma
signed stat dec's from work colleagues to say that he works there ( he has ben there for 7 years but cannot ask boss for fear of loosing job, its his 1st and only job so cannot get refs where else)
He has also written a detailed description of metals and machines he has used.......

sorry about all this.... but we really dont know where to start!!!!

thanks.... keri
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

sipi will become famous soon enoughsipi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TRA question cnc - metal machinist

Hi Keri

I am also a cnc machinist and did TRA as Metal Machinist First Class,got it back in April this year.
Regarding references,i take it your other half works for a small engineering company cos if it was a larger one with a HR Dept they are obliged to give you a standard reference stating job title,date employed from and salary.
If not tell your boss you need one stating the above for a mortgage offer.
Hope this helps.

Si
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

keri will become famous soon enoughkeri will become famous soon enough

Thank you Si,

Good to know we are on the right track with Metal machinist tra.

Yes, its a small engineering company but he cannot get ref. He has already asked about 10 times but he just tells him no.

Will stat dec's do, do you think? Maybe a letter from one of the lads that work with him

Thanks for your reply
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

sipi will become famous soon enoughsipi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by keri
Thank you Si,

Good to know we are on the right track with Metal machinist tra.

Yes, its a small engineering company but he cannot get ref. He has already asked about 10 times but he just tells him no.

Will stat dec's do, do you think? Maybe a letter from one of the lads that work with him

Thanks for your reply
Dont know regarding references,i did stat dec for my first company that i did my apprenticeship with as they no longer exists but had another 4 companies including the one im with now.Can you get a foreman or team leader to sign it and put a contact tel no/address.My stat dec just signed myself as company is not going now.With qualifications,just send as much stuff relating to his job ie certificates,training courses hes been on etc.Thats all i can say really except good luck with it all.
Any other questions no matter how silly you think they might be,dont worry about it just post on here and someone will help.
Cheers

Si