Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A TRA question !!!!!

A TRA question !!!!!

Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:22 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default A TRA question !!!!!

Been in oz for 6 weeks on a 457 visa. We'v now decided to put in for pr. So the first step is for me to do the TRA. Here is my quary. Iv done the ARTC to allow me to work as an electrician so will i need to do a TRA or do you think they will accept the fact iv done the ARTC and just issue it??? Normaly its a case of do the TRA then apply for the ARTC but i didnt need to as i came over on sponsership with my girlfriends job???
Trust me to be doing it backwards!!!

Stu
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A TRA question !!!!!

Originally Posted by stu:0
Been in oz for 6 weeks on a 457 visa. We'v now decided to put in for pr. So the first step is for me to do the TRA. Here is my quary. Iv done the ARTC to allow me to work as an electrician so will i need to do a TRA or do you think they will accept the fact iv done the ARTC and just issue it??? Normaly its a case of do the TRA then apply for the ARTC but i didnt need to as i came over on sponsership with my girlfriends job???
Trust me to be doing it backwards!!!

Stu
I think you still need to do it if you are the main applicant. If your girlfriend is the main applicant, then she will need to do a skills assessment and you won't.
There is a place on your 47SK where you put in the reference number for your skills application, so you will have to have one of those.
I know it sounds kind of stupid to have already done ARTC and now have to have TRA tell you you're skilled enough.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:17 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I think you still need to do it if you are the main applicant. If your girlfriend is the main applicant, then she will need to do a skills assessment and you won't.
There is a place on your 47SK where you put in the reference number for your skills application, so you will have to have one of those.
I know it sounds kind of stupid to have already done ARTC and now have to have TRA tell you you're skilled enough.
Thought that would be the case. Never mind i have every thing i sent for the ARTC so i guess its a case of send it all again. Yes i am the main applicant. Katy was for the 457 but i score more points for 136. I wonder if they will charge me the $300 for the application. It is free for the ARTC once you have the TRA but im the other way round??? Gona give them a ring tomorrow!

Stu
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:01 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thought that would be the case. Never mind i have every thing i sent for the ARTC so i guess its a case of send it all again. Yes i am the main applicant. Katy was for the 457 but i score more points for 136. I wonder if they will charge me the $300 for the application. It is free for the ARTC once you have the TRA but im the other way round??? Gona give them a ring tomorrow!

Stu
It doesn't matter how many points you have, as long as it's 120 or more. If Katy scores 120 then why not just apply through her? That way you won't have to spend the $300 for your TRA. Unfortunately, I think you'll have to pay for it. Sorry!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:43 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It doesn't matter how many points you have, as long as it's 120 or more. If Katy scores 120 then why not just apply through her? That way you won't have to spend the $300 for your TRA. Unfortunately, I think you'll have to pay for it. Sorry!
When you read the application it states the person with most points has to be the lead applicant?????

Stu
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:31 pm
Still alive

When you read the application it states the person with most points has to be the lead applicant?????

Stu
Just don't include your skills in the points add-up. We didn't include mine and I didn't have to have a skills assessment.