Wikiposts

TRA Question

Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

sunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant future
Default TRA Question

After being refused by the TRA (not enough evidence)
We are now going through the requirements with a fine toothed comb.
As I have mentioned before,my partner is a self-employed Carpenter that works as a sole-trader and as a sub-contractor.
The problem we have is the no.4 item on the TRA form:
Must provide at least 3 statements from clients.
Now, because he has worked soley for contractors,( He has been with the current one 2 1/2 years constantly) He doesn't have any clients.
Or does this mean that your contractor is your client?

Any info would be gratefully received thanks.

Julie
Old Jul 11th 2004, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TRA Question

Originally posted by sunnyj
As I have mentioned before,my partner is a self-employed Carpenter that works as a sole-trader and as a sub-contractor.
Now, because he has worked soley for contractors,( He has been with the current one 2 1/2 years constantly) He doesn't have any clients.

Julie

Hi Julie

We went through TRA, hubby is same as yours. Get references from the firms he has contracted for - almost like an employee reference. If through these firms he has worked directly with clients, ask the firm if they would mind if he also got references from the clients. If not, then get the firm to put in all the details of the clients he's worked for. Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Also, in your personal statement, get him to highlight as much as possible about H & S ie: protective clothing, keeping his tools checked and in working order etc.

PM me if you need anything else. My hubby had 17 years in the same trade both as a sole trader and more recently as a Ltd company. Will gladly help if I can.
Cheers, T
Old Jul 12th 2004, 12:16 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Question

Originally posted by sunnyj

Julie

Even if you have worked for 1 main contractor, the clients for whom you have worked at or on behalf of the main contractor, become the "client"

Id say as previous, ask to appoach the site agents, or contracts managers for the clients. Asking specifically for a reference.

Good luck