TRA - panic

Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRA - panic

Hi - myself and hubby sent application to TRA last week, using an agency - we thought we had a pretty strong application. Paul has served a 4 year apprenticeship (luckily employers are still around - albeit 1982 - 1991) - He got a real good reference, but certificates are thin on the ground.

He also has recent work experience (ps He is a carpenter / joiner) - we are both 40.

I felt nervous on the advice that the application was now registered - but having read the postings re horror stories about TRA on this site last week - I have spent the week end very miserable. LOOKING for some reassurance
HELP. :
Angela
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:49 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA - panic

Originally Posted by Angela Marie
Hi - myself and hubby sent application to TRA last week, using an agency - we thought we had a pretty strong application. Paul has served a 4 year apprenticeship (luckily employers are still around - albeit 1982 - 1991) - He got a real good reference, but certificates are thin on the ground.

He also has recent work experience (ps He is a carpenter / joiner) - we are both 40.

I felt nervous on the advice that the application was now registered - but having read the postings re horror stories about TRA on this site last week - I have spent the week end very miserable. LOOKING for some reassurance
HELP. :
Angela
Hi Angela,
Try not to worry, it is natural to start thinking....'should I have done this or that'.....its there now and you may be fine as long as all your refs were very detailed. The good thing is that the wait at the moment is not long, a few weeks, and you can re-apply IF the worst happens.
Try not to worry you will be fine
Jane x

Last edited by Jane and Russ Middleton; Oct 17th 2005 at 8:01 am.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Angela, we had no faith in passing tra what so ever!! But we did (Thanks to Glen)

Have faith
Good luck
Hilary
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hilary6
Hi Angela, we had no faith in passing tra what so ever!! But we did (Thanks to Glen)

Have faith
Good luck
Hilary
and my positive thinking matey!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:55 am
Account Closed

HELP. :
Angela

your application sounds fine to me. have faith - they are coming back really quickly now as well so you should get a big fat pass very soon
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: TRA - panic

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hi Angela,
Try not to worry, it is natural to start thinking....'should I have done this or that'.....its there now and you may be fine as long as all your refs were very detailed. The good thing is that the long at the moment is not long a few weeks, and you can re-apply IF the worst happens.
Try not to worry you will be fine
Jane x

Thanks - for quick response to all cheered me up somewhat - still going to carry on gathering the rest of the stuff - hoping to go Queensland.
angela
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:00 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

HELP. :
Angela

We are in a similar situation, hubby is carpenter/joiner too - loads of experience - but only a couple of certificates. Don't worry - easier said than done I know. Am sending you some k from one chippie's wife to another.

BTW which agent did you use.

Suzyx
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
and my positive thinking matey!!!!!!!!!!!
Im sure that had a lot to do with it too
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: TRA - panic

Originally Posted by suzy
We are in a similar situation, hubby is carpenter/joiner too - loads of experience - but only a couple of certificates. Don't worry - easier said than done I know. Am sending you some k from one chippie's wife to another.

BTW which agent did you use.

Suzyx
Thanks Suzy - hoping the shortage of skills in this area will give us a favourable reply! - we are using 1st Contact - they have been very efficient and given us good guidance with submission of references. They were indeed very detailed. How far down the line are you?
angela
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:12 am
Account Closed

Thanks Suzy - hoping the shortage of skills in this area will give us a favourable reply! - we are using 1st Contact - they have been very efficient and given us good guidance with submission of references. They were indeed very detailed. How far down the line are you?

Angela

Will pm you with our situation
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

your application sounds fine to me. have faith - they are coming back really quickly now as well so you should get a big fat pass very soon
They're not all coming back quickly I'm still waiting to hear if we have an acknowledgment !
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ohippy
They're not all coming back quickly I'm still waiting to hear if we have an acknowledgment !
Just about to pm you with those sites I promised

Suzy x
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hilary6
Im sure that had a lot to do with it too

damn straight mate - nowt to do with glenn newton at all
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ohippy

soz mate. get on to agent cos they MUST have had an acknowledgement by now. our agent didnt contact us to say he had received an acknowledgement if that helps
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

soz mate. get on to agent cos they MUST have had an acknowledgement by now. our agent didnt contact us to say he had received an acknowledgement if that helps
We used Glenn and he specifically told us not to mail him for news as he'd let us know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.