Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA - our special friends

TRA - our special friends

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:34 am
Professional Princess

Talking TRA - our special friends

I dont know about you lot but all this TRA lark has my fertile imagination going into overdrive and I have found myself wondering what these special people look like, are like and how they would dress.

You see, I still think there is a camp TRA man called Barry who has taken to wearing purple lycra trousers and is loud, flamboyant and feminine.

His desk is neat and tidy and there is a piccie of his persian cat 'Tarquin' on his desk.

His case notes are organised neatly, and I think he is looking after Jonahs Mummy too.

Then there is 'Brett', he is 25ish, wears a pair of cream trousers, a polo shirt, he has that typical 'Gold Coast' look with a small goatee beard to disguise his chin which somewhat resembles the bottom of a hovercraft. He is a 'cool guy' and tries to give his cases a 'fair go'.

Then you have Phil, who is a jobsworth and will check EVERY reference you send in, phone the employers up at 2am and say in every sentence 'Sorry mate, part of the job'.

Phil wears a suit, it doesnt matter how hot it is, he wears a grey suit, blue shirt and navy tie, black loafers and white socks. He will fail people for messy writing.

Phil also lives with his Mum Dora, who packs his lunch and he also has a dog called 'Spot'.

Then you have the Head TRA man himself, who is rather scary and strict. His name is 'Chad Fellows' and he was born in Perth but moved to TRA Land. He has DIMIA posters all over his wall and considers himself to be well connected with the government. Thats because he met John Howard once and never forgot it.

He wears sensible clothes and his wife 'Genelle' cooks and cleans for him and she knows how he likes things.

The new boy is 'Toby', he is 20 years old and was initiated by the others flushing his head down the toilet several times until his hair went floppy. Toby still thinks its funny to fart in public and gets told off for spending too long on skills assessments.

Now my imaginary TRA team work in an open plan office, Toby has pictures of busty beauties on the wall and Chad is so not happy about that.

Whilst Toby gulps and snorts at his own vulgarity, Phil and Chad look on disapprovingly.

Barry is the most talked about TRA man, with his high pitched voice and dramatic behaviour, people fight to have him as 'their TRA man'.

When he grants people their positive TRA, he would even visit their house carrying a purple bunch of flowers and say 'Congratulations darling'.

So come on, how do you imagine your migration agent, Case officer, TRA people to look like?

Oh yes, Alan, well Ive seen you, and I still think you are not as innocent as you look.

George, well, 4 words, Pink Furry Love Cuffs.

This is intended to be a fun post and not meant to upset anyone.

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:39 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: TRA - our special friends

Class

Think mine was wearing shorts and thongs, and had his trusty fave surfboard propped up against his desk, was working his last two days of his notice and therefore passed everyone, and spread smiles all round.
He now lives in a cave on a beach that has great surf and his mom brings him something to eat once a day!

Carole
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:42 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

LOL....

have you ever thought about going into writing stories/books PP?? 'your attention to detail, darlink, is soooo wonderful'.

i'll forever have your image of the TRA office in my head now :scared:

michelle
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:50 am
Professional Princess

The one that stands out in my mind is my pretend character Barry.

When he wears tight lycra purple catsuits, he always makes sure his todger is on display.

So when Chad looks at him, he has to avert his gaze.

You can also see Barrys willy ten minutes before you can see Barry.

He is very proud of it.

Now with Alan, I have seen him and he looks SO innocent, but for some reason I dont think that cutie look is the real Alan.

In fact, I would like to go for a beer with Alan and George. They are both deserving of parts in my stories.

George in my imagination walks around with pink furry love cuffs attached to his trouser loop.

JAJ, well Im still thinking about him but I can see him with a surfboard, board shorts, Billabong T shirt and thongs. He isnt friends with Barry as Barry is to Ladyboy in confusion for him.

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:22 am
Professional Princess

Claire, I wonder if Roger would fit into my story, wonder what he looks like and if he is a naughty one in disguise?

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:51 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I dont know about you lot but all this TRA lark has my fertile imagination going into overdrive and I have found myself wondering what these special people look like, are like and how they would dress.

You see, I still think there is a camp TRA man called Barry who has taken to wearing purple lycra trousers and is loud, flamboyant and feminine.

His desk is neat and tidy and there is a piccie of his persian cat 'Tarquin' on his desk.

His case notes are organised neatly, and I think he is looking after Jonahs Mummy too.

Then there is 'Brett', he is 25ish, wears a pair of cream trousers, a polo shirt, he has that typical 'Gold Coast' look with a small goatee beard to disguise his chin which somewhat resembles the bottom of a hovercraft. He is a 'cool guy' and tries to give his cases a 'fair go'.

Then you have Phil, who is a jobsworth and will check EVERY reference you send in, phone the employers up at 2am and say in every sentence 'Sorry mate, part of the job'.

Phil wears a suit, it doesnt matter how hot it is, he wears a grey suit, blue shirt and navy tie, black loafers and white socks. He will fail people for messy writing.

Phil also lives with his Mum Dora, who packs his lunch and he also has a dog called 'Spot'.

Then you have the Head TRA man himself, who is rather scary and strict. His name is 'Chad Fellows' and he was born in Perth but moved to TRA Land. He has DIMIA posters all over his wall and considers himself to be well connected with the government. Thats because he met John Howard once and never forgot it.

He wears sensible clothes and his wife 'Genelle' cooks and cleans for him and she knows how he likes things.

The new boy is 'Toby', he is 20 years old and was initiated by the others flushing his head down the toilet several times until his hair went floppy. Toby still thinks its funny to fart in public and gets told off for spending too long on skills assessments.

Now my imaginary TRA team work in an open plan office, Toby has pictures of busty beauties on the wall and Chad is so not happy about that.

Whilst Toby gulps and snorts at his own vulgarity, Phil and Chad look on disapprovingly.

Barry is the most talked about TRA man, with his high pitched voice and dramatic behaviour, people fight to have him as 'their TRA man'.

When he grants people their positive TRA, he would even visit their house carrying a purple bunch of flowers and say 'Congratulations darling'.

So come on, how do you imagine your migration agent, Case officer, TRA people to look like?

Oh yes, Alan, well Ive seen you, and I still think you are not as innocent as you look.

George, well, 4 words, Pink Furry Love Cuffs.

Excellent thread! Very funny!

I've come to the conclusion that all of us trying to escape from this isle are all barking mad... :scared: or is it the process of applying to escape sending us all barking mad :scared:

Must go......I'm TRA ing!!

L-j
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:38 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Claire, I wonder if Roger would fit into my story, wonder what he looks like and if he is a naughty one in disguise?
???????
Attached Thumbnails TRA - our special friends-handcuffs_pink.jpg   TRA - our special friends-cuffs.jpg  
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:03 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
???????
NO, undo him quickly, this must be Rooksie's TRA guy, how can he finish her paperwork for goodness sake!!!!
Carole
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Bless you!!!!

the jury is out on my TRA guy all depending on whether we pass or fail - he could be Johnny Depp or Danny Devito!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been to my office ? Spooky how similar that is to where I work !!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:04 pm
Professional Princess

Look what I have found.

Claire and I are 'Hunters of the TRA'.

And guess who Pink Furry Love Cuff person is.
Attached Thumbnails TRA - our special friends-finished-result.jpg   TRA - our special friends-claire-sam.jpg  

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:12 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Look what I have found.

Claire and I are 'Hunters of the TRA'.

And guess who Pink Furry Love Cuff person is.
well its not Mr Howard :scared:
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:15 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Perthforme

I had such fun making these.

I want John Howard to sign the plaster on my leg.

Do you think he would?

I do have a thing for short bald men. Especially if they are called John.

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:15 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

OMG, Sam, this reminds me of my fantasy some years ago, in another thread way back in the mists of time, about 'the massed ranks of the DIMIA Male Voice choir' (IMO you can't beat the sight of a load of guys in fine voice, dressed in dinner jackets )

Anya.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Perthforme
hi pf just want them to be gentale with us and pass. hopping we don't bore theme to death with amount we sent like the ode to the tra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.