Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA-Letter writing tips ...please

TRA-Letter writing tips ...please

Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of
Default TRA-Letter writing tips ...please

Hello folks,
We cant believe the help we've had so far off the people on this site,you all are Godsends So for my next grey hair ,I need to send a letter (you know the one) to the TRA explaining my trade background and what not.To be honnest ive got a good clue of what to put its just how much do they chuffin' need 1xA4 sheet? 2,3,4 ?? Ive been a Chippy now for 7/8 years so flannel is my Forte! but can any1 please give me some tips on what to put (especially Chippys) and how much or any other advice concerning this part of application....As i said you lot are brill,so i wait ears pinned back
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:11 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA-Letter writing tips ...please

Originally Posted by SBUK
Hello folks,
We cant believe the help we've had so far off the people on this site,you all are Godsends So for my next grey hair ,I need to send a letter (you know the one) to the TRA explaining my trade background and what not.To be honnest ive got a good clue of what to put its just how much do they chuffin' need 1xA4 sheet? 2,3,4 ?? Ive been a Chippy now for 7/8 years so flannel is my Forte! but can any1 please give me some tips on what to put (especially Chippys) and how much or any other advice concerning this part of application....As i said you lot are brill,so i wait ears pinned back

Hi
Ours was 3 a4 pages it basically outlined robs plastering training tools used and that kind of gump!
Sorry cant be more specific send me a pm with your email adress and i can send it to you if ya like!!

Kris x
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:17 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: TRA-Letter writing tips ...please

Hello folks,

Hi there

mine was in three sections one listing apprenticeship, one for tools of the trade and one for work experiance thses relate to my trade as an electricain but if you want a copy email of pm me and i`ll send them over

regards

Steve

pS TRA approved my skills
Old Sep 17th 2005, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

kyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nice

Hello folks,
if you pm me i can send you some of our TRA...dunno if it will be any help as hubby is a mechanic!!
Old Sep 17th 2005, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

but can any1 please give me some tips on what to put (especially Chippys)

Do they have Chippies over there?

Can you get Meat n tater pie, chips and gravy??

And Dandelion and Burdock!!

Sorry SBUK - Just teasing!!
Old Sep 17th 2005, 8:23 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

PM me your email addy & I can send you the career document we sent for my hubbys TRA.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

Hi

I never wrote a letter. Are you talking about section 7?

If so, I gave 25 varied examples giving as much as detail as we could remember on specific jobs my husband has undertaken (he's a carpenter/joiner). I also listed the tools he used for each job.

Each example was about 3/4 side of A4. I can pm you if you want me to show you an example of what I did.

However, I only sent off my TRA this week, so no idea whether this was right or wrong. I didn't use an agent (somebody please reassure me...)
Old Sep 17th 2005, 9:14 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mhairi
Hi

I never wrote a letter. Are you talking about section 7?

If so, I gave 25 varied examples giving as much as detail as we could remember on specific jobs my husband has undertaken (he's a carpenter/joiner). I also listed the tools he used for each job.

Each example was about 3/4 side of A4. I can pm you if you want me to show you an example of what I did.

However, I only sent off my TRA this week, so no idea whether this was right or wrong. I didn't use an agent (somebody please reassure me...)
Hi Mhairi - I understood the "letter" mentioned above to be the career history document for section 7 so REEEEELLLAAAAAXXXXX!!! ;o)

BTW - best of luck!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Kimmy67 will become famous soon enoughKimmy67 will become famous soon enough

Basically, how would you do your job in layman terms, with what tools, using what materials, bought from which suppliers for how much, for whom and when and for how long and for how much.

Get references off 3 suppliers, 3 customers.
Put all your leaning documents together ie. C&G etc, all work history ie. employers job offers, paye slips, or accounts if self employed. Just about everything that you would need to convince a martian that you know what your doing and how to do it and you should be sorted!!

We didn't use an agent, as they only tell you what you need you still have to do all the donkey work yourself. Plus if you can read and write and have half an ounce of common sence you'll be able to do it. Pay me and I'll tell you !!! LOL

Kim
Old Sep 21st 2005, 9:42 am
journey from here to here

puna will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hi
Ours was 3 a4 pages it basically outlined robs plastering training tools used and that kind of gump!
Sorry cant be more specific send me a pm with your email adress and i can send it to you if ya like!!

Kris x
Hi Kris

could I have your TRA tips?
[email protected]

thanks
Old Sep 21st 2005, 9:44 am
journey from here to here

puna will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by steve`o
Hi there

mine was in three sections one listing apprenticeship, one for tools of the trade and one for work experiance thses relate to my trade as an electricain but if you want a copy email of pm me and i`ll send them over

regards

Steve

pS TRA approved my skills
HI STEVE
COULD I HAVE YOUR TIPS ON TRA ?
THAKS
[email protected]
Old Sep 21st 2005, 9:56 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimmy67
Basically, how would you do your job in layman terms, with what tools, using what materials, bought from which suppliers for how much, for whom and when and for how long and for how much.

Get references off 3 suppliers, 3 customers.
Put all your leaning documents together ie. C&G etc, all work history ie. employers job offers, paye slips, or accounts if self employed. Just about everything that you would need to convince a martian that you know what your doing and how to do it and you should be sorted!!

We didn't use an agent, as they only tell you what you need you still have to do all the donkey work yourself. Plus if you can read and write and have half an ounce of common sence you'll be able to do it. Pay me and I'll tell you !!! LOL

Kim
Hi Kim, was your TRA assessment for Carpenter? My husband is a carpenter and we was thinking of doing it without an agent as I gather they're quite expensive. So would be good to know people still get in without an agent!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by clippy
Hi Kim, was your TRA assessment for Carpenter? My husband is a carpenter and we was thinking of doing it without an agent as I gather they're quite expensive. So would be good to know people still get in without an agent!
Hi Clippy, no it was for Air conditioning / refrigeration engineer. Like I say agents just tell you what to do and fill the form in for you, you still have to gather all the information yourself. So really your just paying someone to fill in the form. Is your hub, self employed, does he work for companies or general public?

Kim
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:07 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimmy67
Hi Clippy, no it was for Air conditioning / refrigeration engineer. Like I say agents just tell you what to do and fill the form in for you, you still have to gather all the information yourself. So really your just paying someone to fill in the form. Is your hub, self employed, does he work for companies or general public?

Kim
He used to be self employed but he works for agency now, i'm not too sure but I think it's sub-contracting (i'm not going to pretend I know much about it lol). He doesn't really work for the general public, it's more shopfitting and working on construction sites, roofing sometimes (the wood bit - see I know so much don't I!)
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by clippy
He used to be self employed but he works for agency now, i'm not too sure but I think it's sub-contracting (i'm not going to pretend I know much about it lol). He doesn't really work for the general public, it's more shopfitting and working on construction sites, roofing sometimes (the wood bit - see I know so much don't I!)

Have you printed off the TRA document relevant to his trade, as this will give you guide lines on what you will need. If you don't know much about what he has been doing then get him to do it. Just go backwards in history, if he worked for himself or is a subbie, like mine is then you have to approach the companies he has regularly worked for to get refs, and also regular suppliers for refs, then photocopy all of his certificates of learning, if he was self employed photocopy accounts for 3 years etc.

Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.