Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tra Info Questions Plumber

Wikiposts

Tra Info Questions Plumber

Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice
Default Re: Tra Info Questions Plumber

Originally Posted by joanneS
hi Bev, that god for the computerised system!! I think I would have given up if we had to wait that long!! mind you we still might be the way things are going!!!
Where do you find courier mail classifieds?? I know what you mean when they say plumbing work will be different, apparently a good few years behind us! Where is Tingalpa? Good luck with the house sale, haven't thought that far ahead yet!
I work in a nursery looking after delightful children!!! and then come home to my three, 13, 10 and nearly 5! + dog + husband!!
Jo
http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/
is link for courier mail... you sound like supermum!! iam strufggling with 1 child and hubby, in addition to completing my degree and filling out forms, organising EVERYTHING!!! :scared: hubby is techno phobe!!
its good to talk to people in same position though..
tingalpa is near wakerley, bayside etc another FAB website if you have not found already is www.ourbrisbane.com it gives a profile of suburbs etc and lots of info on brisbane
lots of jobs for you in classifieds too!!!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Tra Info Questions Plumber

Originally Posted by beebopaloola
http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/
is link for courier mail... you sound like supermum!! iam strufggling with 1 child and hubby, in addition to completing my degree and filling out forms, organising EVERYTHING!!! :scared: hubby is techno phobe!!
its good to talk to people in same position though..
tingalpa is near wakerley, bayside etc another FAB website if you have not found already is www.ourbrisbane.com it gives a profile of suburbs etc and lots of info on brisbane
lots of jobs for you in classifieds too!!!
Not supermum but supermad! I know exactly what you mean about doing everything! hubby can't be bothered to look at this website, leaves it all down to me! but when he's chatting on his builder forums talking about plumbing he's all ears then!!!!
I'll have a look at the website you gave me tomorrow, I really have to go to sleep now otherwise tomorrow I will be super mad mad mum!!!
Speak to u tomorrow
Jo
Old Apr 26th 2005, 11:18 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: Plumbing in Oz

G'Day To the Plumbers Wifes Club, They need your boys out here or so we hear on the news, skilled labour shortage, increasing the visa quotas etc.Put down fruit picking as your ocupation might do the trick, only joking! Came here 18 months ago on retitirement visa.Was going to work but but UK pensions worked out well so no need.Was plumber in UK since leaving school 5 year apprenticeship in those days.
Now some information for your guys.The house plumbing here is mainly copper water services/wastes and drainage plastic solvent welded pvc.The copper is jointed by BRAZING/Siver soldering get your chaps to make sure they know how to do this before they come here as it is not common in UK for plumbers to carry Oxy/Acetylene sets as they do here. Sell thier benders the pipe sizes are different here.Other big projects like shopping centers seem to be the same type of pipework have not seen any cast iron drainage like Timesaver etc.Soft soldering is used but mainly by DIY illegal of course without a licence.Have not seen plastic water systems like Hep2O yet, plastic only seems to be used for irrigation.Lots of houses do not have main drainage so Knowledge of septic tank systems would be usefull.
We live in NSW near Sydney but have been to Brisbane area three times since being here we have friends in Caloundra,there is lots of Building going on arround Brisbane huge housing projects.Your kids will have good time here, and by the way the building guys seem to disappear off the sites in the afternoon if the Surfs up c'ant think why. Regards to you all, Colin