Tra Info Questions Plumber

Wikiposts

Tra Info Questions Plumber

Old Apr 26th 2005, 12:54 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tra Info Questions Plumber

Originally Posted by beebopaloola
hi there my name is Bev and my plumber husband Keith passed TRA no probs, we went through agent (ian Harropp)
we wrote detailed letters explaining whole thread to needle skills and duties of each job and copied it onto disc then went to each employer to get letterhead and signature, for 2 closed down companies wrote declaration etc . write list of tools used, measuring instruments,( u gauges, co2 detectors etc) materials, diagrams, instructions followed etc
we started process of immigration in august 2003!!!!!!!!!! now have entered meds, police checks etc and waiting for positive result...
we are hoping to settle in Brisbane as lots of job opportunities and brilliant for children.
hope this helps
Bev...
i was beginning toi think i was only plumbers wife on forum!! as all others seem to be sparkies!! no offence (brother a bright spark)

it most certainly does - thanks very much. what did you have to put in declarations exactly??
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rooksie
it most certainly does - thanks very much. what did you have to put in declarations exactly??
a paragraph covering start and finish dates of employment, trade classification, training period (apprenticship) any other courses boiler repair etc
all tools used (hoew they are used!!) equipment used etc.
eg installed kitchen and bathroom plumbing ib=ncluding sinks, basins, baths, showers, toilets involved the use of architects plans abnd drawings. installation involved cutting, bending and fitting (welding/jointing) of pipeworks blah, blah, blah....ask old employers to give personal references eg was a good timekeeper, reliable and consistant etc etc worked on own initiative,,,

i had to do all letters and just changed font on each one!! cos hubby will not use computer!!

am waiting, waiting, waiting for news of progressof med results etc, life in limbo. house on the market and finishing a degree s o not stressed at all.
Bev
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:08 am
Account Closed

a paragraph covering start and finish dates of employment, trade classification, training period (apprenticship) any other courses boiler repair etc
all tools used (hoew they are used!!) equipment used etc.
eg installed kitchen and bathroom plumbing ib=ncluding sinks, basins, baths, showers, toilets involved the use of architects plans abnd drawings. installation involved cutting, bending and fitting (welding/jointing) of pipeworks blah, blah, blah....ask old employers to give personal references eg was a good timekeeper, reliable and consistant etc etc worked on own initiative,,,

i had to do all letters and just changed font on each one!! cos hubby will not use computer!!

am waiting, waiting, waiting for news of progressof med results etc, life in limbo. house on the market and finishing a degree s o not stressed at all.
Bev
Bev mate youre a star!!!! thanks for your help

massive karma on its way!!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

gosh my typo errors are a bit bad on last post!!!
rushing
when did you apply???
have you seen the plumbers being bumped onto in demand list?? good news..
im sending you karma back (you need it married to plumber!! only joking!!)
bev
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:20 am
Account Closed

gosh my typo errors are a bit bad on last post!!!
rushing
when did you apply???
have you seen the plumbers being bumped onto in demand list?? good news..
im sending you karma back (you need it married to plumber!! only joking!!)
bev

we applied for TRA back in February and it failed due to bad advice from a previous agent. want to apply again but have had our confidence knocked quite a bit!!!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

we applied for TRA back in February and it failed due to bad advice from a previous agent. want to apply again but have had our confidence knocked quite a bit!!!

dont let the buggers get you down!! plumbers are needed (on the list) so no problems if you try again.
we were at defeat stage earlier on and now its so close we are up and down like were on mind altering substances!!!
NZ are also desperate for plumbers.
format the letter and slightly alter each one, adding a bit more progressive detail as years go by.
im dreading getting there and keith having to train again!! WHY??
he has resigned himself that he may have to take a step down in order to come up.. and...
eventually gather a band of plumbers from blighty and set up own buisness!! (more my idea!!) to knock the socks off at fab tiling and bathroom designs from europe!!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:35 am
Account Closed

dont let the buggers get you down!! plumbers are needed (on the list) so no problems if you try again.
we were at defeat stage earlier on and now its so close we are up and down like were on mind altering substances!!!
format the letter and slightly alter each one, adding a bit more progressive detail as years go by.
he has resigned himself that he may have to take a step down in order to come up.. and...
eventually gather a band of plumbers from blighty and set up own buisness!! (more my idea!!) to knock the socks off at fab tiling and bathroom designs from europe!!

unfortunately hubbies training and experience geared more towards gasfitting but they so close in comparrison ... however means he not on MODL which is a bummer. still can but try ..... !!!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

unfortunately hubbies training and experience geared more towards gasfitting but they so close in comparrison ... however means he not on MODL which is a bummer. still can but try ..... !!!
is he on skills list anyway?? yes! dont give up..
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:51 am
Account Closed

is he on skills list anyway?? yes! dont give up..

yep gasfitter is on SOL just not on the MODL so all is not lost. i did however read on TRA site that if you are unsire of category then to leave that bit blank and they will assess you accordingly so that is what we will do. all else fails i'll pop over to Oz and bed the TRA man!!! (though knowing my luck he will be gay) :scared:
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

yep gasfitter is on SOL just not on the MODL so all is not lost. i did however read on TRA site that if you are unsire of category then to leave that bit blank and they will assess you accordingly so that is what we will do. all else fails i'll pop over to Oz and bed the TRA man!!! (though knowing my luck he will be gay) :scared:
worse, he might look like steve irwin!! EEEUGH
what do you do? i am a chef by trade but jacked it in to retrain at uni!!! big mistake as chefs were on MODL list and we wopuld have been there by now as hubby reminds me every day!!
just put all info re ant bathroom refits/ kitchen etc, tiling, site work (unblocking of drainsEEEUGH!) that hubby done and should be fine as tradesmen in general are required according to infrastructure explosion going on at moment and sure hubby came turn hand to most things!! (joinery, painting, plastering etc)
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:35 am
Account Closed

worse, he might look like steve irwin!! EEEUGH
what do you do? i am a chef by trade but jacked it in to retrain at uni!!! big mistake as chefs were on MODL list and we wopuld have been there by now as hubby reminds me every day!!
just put all info re ant bathroom refits/ kitchen etc, tiling, site work (unblocking of drainsEEEUGH!) that hubby done and should be fine as tradesmen in general are required according to infrastructure explosion going on at moment and sure hubby came turn hand to most things!! (joinery, painting, plastering etc)

was a legal secretary for 20 years and did a law degree but along came children and that was that!!! am a registered childminder but have knocked that on the head at the moment as my head is all over the place with all this cr*p!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:41 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

True about NZ, I,ve got the invite to apply, BUT the wages in NZ are REALLY low, and until you get a license then no matter how long you,ve been in the Trade it's apprentice wages.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Tra Info Questions Plumber

hi there my name is Bev and my plumber husband Keith passed TRA no probs, we went through agent (ian Harropp)
we wrote detailed letters explaining whole thread to needle skills and duties of each job and copied it onto disc then went to each employer to get letterhead and signature, for 2 closed down companies wrote declaration etc . write list of tools used, measuring instruments,( u gauges, co2 detectors etc) materials, diagrams, instructions followed etc
we started process of immigration in august 2003!!!!!!!!!! now have entered meds, police checks etc and waiting for positive result...
we are hoping to settle in Brisbane as lots of job opportunities and brilliant for children.
hope this helps
Bev...
i was beginning toi think i was only plumbers wife on forum!! as all others seem to be sparkies!! no offence (brother a bright spark)
Hi Bev
another plumbers wife here on the forum! we are too in the process of TRA, can't believe youve been trying since 2003!!! We have sent some references etc off to agent to check if they are ok but haven't heard anything back yet!! Don't know where we are going to go in Oz yet but have been thinking about maybe Brisbane as well. Any info you could send to help us would be appreciated.
Great idea about starting company of English plumbers!!
how old are your children? are they of school age?
Nice talking to you, good to hear about others stories, experiences etc.
Jo
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joanneS
Hi Bev
another plumbers wife here on the forum! we are too in the process of TRA, can't believe youve been trying since 2003!!! We have sent some references etc off to agent to check if they are ok but haven't heard anything back yet!! Don't know where we are going to go in Oz yet but have been thinking about maybe Brisbane as well. Any info you could send to help us would be appreciated.
Great idea about starting company of English plumbers!!
how old are your children? are they of school age?
Nice talking to you, good to hear about others stories, experiences etc.
Jo
i think things have speeded up now since they changed applications to computerised system!!!
we have 1 liitle girl aged 6 nearly 7!
we look at courier mail classifieds and see there are loads of jobs for plumbers however hubby says he may have to bite the bullet and start at a lower level!! for a few months since it will all be different and they are using plastic taps!!! we should take trade mags over to show developments!!
we are looking at Tingalpa??? anyone any views?
just waiting for OK now
hope to go as soon as weve sold our house! could be months hope its weeks, id rarather be in rented.
any children? do you work?
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Tra Info Questions Plumber

i think things have speeded up now since they changed applications to computerised system!!!
we have 1 liitle girl aged 6 nearly 7!
we look at courier mail classifieds and see there are loads of jobs for plumbers however hubby says he may have to bite the bullet and start at a lower level!! for a few months since it will all be different and they are using plastic taps!!! we should take trade mags over to show developments!!
we are looking at Tingalpa??? anyone any views?
just waiting for OK now
hope to go as soon as weve sold our house! could be months hope its weeks, id rarather be in rented.
any children? do you work?
hi Bev, that god for the computerised system!! I think I would have given up if we had to wait that long!! mind you we still might be the way things are going!!!
Where do you find courier mail classifieds?? I know what you mean when they say plumbing work will be different, apparently a good few years behind us! Where is Tingalpa? Good luck with the house sale, haven't thought that far ahead yet!
I work in a nursery looking after delightful children!!! and then come home to my three, 13, 10 and nearly 5! + dog + husband!!
Jo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.