Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tra Info Questions Plumber

Tra Info Questions Plumber

Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Wink Tra Info Questions Plumber

To everyone on this site that has been through the process, I'd be grateful for your help!!! (and I know there are loads of you on here)!!!
Have finally plucked up the courage to start the ball rolling and go on the roller coaster ride that you are all on! we have just posted our initial forms to the agent (Matilda). We are hoping to obtain a skilled visa for my husband as he is a plumber, plus as said on my last thread have got relations out in Oz that will hopefully sponser us if we need them. Anyway the TRA application, does any one know how much info they will actually require? how far back do they look into things? My husband has been in his current job for nearly four years working for the council as a plumber and then before that he was working as a plumber on a job for about 2.5 years, (no problems getting info for those jobs as references etc but the rest of his jobs I think some have closed down, I know one of the places he worked went into liquidation years ago. How far back would they need info for and what sort of info would they need from us? Also do they check your schooling records? I know my husband left school at 16 without doing any exams!! would that affect our chances? Any info would be greatly accepted so as we will know what to expect in the incoming months ahead!
By the way, one more little question? where do you think in Australia would be best to settle with 3 kids, 13 (I think he will be the hardest one to settle)!! loves his football too much, 10 year old boy (also plays football) and a 4 year old girl! My relations live in Canberra which we quite liked when we were out there but the only draw back was no beach!!! and it gets cold there in winter. Everyone seems to be heading to Queensland but because we haven't been there we haven't any idea what it's like. Also where do you think a plumber would have the best opportunities for work?
Hope some of you can be of some help (good or bad).
Thanks again to all of you
Love the Gibson Family
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

CUEBALL is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Tra Info Questions Plumber

Originally Posted by joanneS
To everyone on this site that has been through the process, I'd be grateful for your help!!! (and I know there are loads of you on here)!!!
Have finally plucked up the courage to start the ball rolling and go on the roller coaster ride that you are all on! we have just posted our initial forms to the agent (Matilda). We are hoping to obtain a skilled visa for my husband as he is a plumber, plus as said on my last thread have got relations out in Oz that will hopefully sponser us if we need them. Anyway the TRA application, does any one know how much info they will actually require? how far back do they look into things? My husband has been in his current job for nearly four years working for the council as a plumber and then before that he was working as a plumber on a job for about 2.5 years, (no problems getting info for those jobs as references etc but the rest of his jobs I think some have closed down, I know one of the places he worked went into liquidation years ago. How far back would they need info for and what sort of info would they need from us? Also do they check your schooling records? I know my husband left school at 16 without doing any exams!! would that affect our chances? Any info would be greatly accepted so as we will know what to expect in the incoming months ahead!
By the way, one more little question? where do you think in Australia would be best to settle with 3 kids, 13 (I think he will be the hardest one to settle)!! loves his football too much, 10 year old boy (also plays football) and a 4 year old girl! My relations live in Canberra which we quite liked when we were out there but the only draw back was no beach!!! and it gets cold there in winter. Everyone seems to be heading to Queensland but because we haven't been there we haven't any idea what it's like. Also where do you think a plumber would have the best opportunities for work?
Love the Gibson Family
joannes try going in to the search and type in plumber, or plumbing this throws up loads of details on plumbing and tra advice from people. have just been looking at this info for myself as i`m a plumber and in the same position, we were originally going to nz but looks like more job prospects in oz. hope this helps some.
cueball
Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Tra Info Questions Plumber

Originally Posted by CUEBALL
joannes try going in to the search and type in plumber, or plumbing this throws up loads of details on plumbing and tra advice from people. have just been looking at this info for myself as i`m a plumber and in the same position, we were originally going to nz but looks like more job prospects in oz. hope this helps some.
cueball
thanks cueball will do that!!
Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tra Info Questions Plumber

Love the Gibson Family

Hi there unfortunately i dont have any info on plumbers as my partner is a sparkie and we r still waiting to hear from TRA. Regarding TRA from what i have sussed out you should put as much information as possible down down to tools your hubby uses. I just hope we have put down enough information we plan to go to Brisbane/Goldcoast originally short term and then after we find our feet we will try and see where the most work is. We are in the third month of waiting so hopefully we will hear soon!!!

Good luck with all the information you need and im sure ul find all the info you need on this forum, its fantastic. All the best.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by angel17796
Hi there unfortunately i dont have any info on plumbers as my partner is a sparkie and we r still waiting to hear from TRA. Regarding TRA from what i have sussed out you should put as much information as possible down down to tools your hubby uses. I just hope we have put down enough information we plan to go to Brisbane/Goldcoast originally short term and then after we find our feet we will try and see where the most work is. We are in the third month of waiting so hopefully we will hear soon!!!

Good luck with all the information you need and im sure ul find all the info you need on this forum, its fantastic. All the best.
Thanks Angel and good luck with your TRA!
Old Feb 18th 2005, 9:24 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Hi I retired here a year ago was plumber in UK since 16 years old.There are always ads for plumbers in our local paper Sydney metropolitan area,but have been to Brisbane area and loads of building going on up there and probably good place for young families with kids, ask on forum.The domestic plumbing is mostly plastic for drainage and wastes and copper with brazed/silver solder joints all plumbers have Oxy/Acetylene porta paks on their wagons, brush up on your brazing skills before coming is my best advice. Soft soldering only seems to be used by DIY, illigal of course but sold in big DIY stores.Have not tried to register for licence yet as having too much fun while the funds last. Colin"did bring all my tools" Morris Sell your benders as sizes of copper not compatable.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

crozz is on a distinguished road

Love the Gibson Family
hi joanne hope i can be of some help here i too am a plumber alreaady recieved a positive tra. i had the same problems firms i worked for had ceased trading or no longer exist. all you need to do in this instance is to provide a detailed stat dec signed by a solicitor put on dates you started and finished at the firm, your exact job title how many hours you worked provide has much detail about the duties your husband carried out has a plumber i went back 13 years this was suffuicient to get a positive tra.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 12:44 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Gibson Family.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address.

Then, I'll give you a lot of the info you need.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scossie
Gibson Family.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address.

Then, I'll give you a lot of the info you need.
Thanks Scossie, I'm trying to sending you a pm hope it works.
Joanne
Old Feb 18th 2005, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

Thanks Scossie, I'm trying to sending you a pm hope it works.
Joanne

HI all
also a plumber and passed TRA
As has already stated ( send as much info as possible )
I went all the way back to finishing school and starting first job
schooling seems to be more inportant on main application but still nothing to worry about I'm sure. Us plumbers arnt the cleverest people in the world
If you need any more info just ask, and if I can remember ( we applied for TRA sept 03 and are now hopefully on our last hurdle)will help as much as possible
Good luck
Old Feb 19th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crozz
hi joanne hope i can be of some help here i too am a plumber alreaady recieved a positive tra. i had the same problems firms i worked for had ceased trading or no longer exist. all you need to do in this instance is to provide a detailed stat dec signed by a solicitor put on dates you started and finished at the firm, your exact job title how many hours you worked provide has much detail about the duties your husband carried out has a plumber i went back 13 years this was suffuicient to get a positive tra.
Thanks Crozz, its good to hear we are not the only one out there with problems!! Can you tell me what exactly is a stat dec?
How long did it take your TRA to come through and did you do the fast track one?
So where in Oz are you heading for? All these questions, sorry you must be thinking typical woman can't shut up!!
Was about to sign off and then remembered, what is an informal and formal apprenticeship? Not quite sure which one to put down on the forms!!
Thanks

Good luck with the rest of the process
Hopefully talk soon Joanne
Old Feb 19th 2005, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stressed out
HI all
also a plumber and passed TRA
As has already stated ( send as much info as possible )
I went all the way back to finishing school and starting first job
schooling seems to be more inportant on main application but still nothing to worry about I'm sure. Us plumbers arnt the cleverest people in the world
If you need any more info just ask, and if I can remember ( we applied for TRA sept 03 and are now hopefully on our last hurdle)will help as much as possible
Good luck
Thanks for that, will probably take you up on the offer soon. Where are you heading in Australia?? Good luck with everything.
Joanne
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

WEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant future

Was about to sign off and then remembered, what is an informal and formal apprenticeship? Not quite sure which one to put down on the forms!!
Thanks

Hopefully talk soon Joanne[/QUOTE]

Hi Joanne,

I too am a plumber trying to find my way thru this long process. started May 2003 and after a bit of bother got the TRA approval in December 2003. A formal apprenticeship is one that is registered thru a plumbers board,e.g Scottish and Northerh Ireland Plumbing Employers Federation or Joint Industry Board as I think it is in England. A stat dec is a letter drawn up by you stating that for example you were employed as a plumber from 1988 till 1992 with Joe Bloggs and Co.who ceased trading in 1996. You then take this to a solicitor and ask them to stamp/sign it. There maybe other details to add but I don't have the stat dec that I had to do.

Regards, Peter
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point

I was a plumber for 25 years,now living just outside melbourne.I wrote over a hundred pages on plumbing covering all aspects of the plumbing work i had done,what plumbing jobs i had done how i done them,what tools and materials i had used,the more info you give the better,it took me ages to do.Just give you a tip,im city and guilds qualified,been plumbing for 25 years,but they still want me to resit my exams before i start work,ive got to take 6 exams[16 hours each] before they will let you work.to get my plumbers license and get registered,it costs about 700 dollars and takes time,getting onto courses etc.Im now steel fixing on industrial sites,money is about the same as plumbing and all you need is a belt a pair of nips,reel and bolt cutters,and im enjoying the change although its hard work.There is loads of building work around the melbourne area,just tell you the plumbing out ere is different,about ten years behind england i think.Hope this helps you.Be lucky
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WEBBS
Thanks

Hopefully talk soon Joanne
Hi Joanne,

I too am a plumber trying to find my way thru this long process. started May 2003 and after a bit of bother got the TRA approval in December 2003. A formal apprenticeship is one that is registered thru a plumbers board,e.g Scottish and Northerh Ireland Plumbing Employers Federation or Joint Industry Board as I think it is in England. A stat dec is a letter drawn up by you stating that for example you were employed as a plumber from 1988 till 1992 with Joe Bloggs and Co.who ceased trading in 1996. You then take this to a solicitor and ask them to stamp/sign it. There maybe other details to add but I don't have the stat dec that I had to do.

Regards, Peter[/QUOTE]

Thanks Peter.
That stat dec sounds a bit too easy! What's to stop someone saying they worked for a company and actually didn't! Surely there must be more to it than that.
regards Joanne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.