Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA - How much evience???

TRA - How much evience???

Old May 28th 2004, 9:36 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice
Default TRA - How much evience???

Hi

I was just wondering how much supporting documentation everyone esle has sent for the skill assessment. We are just copying and certifying all the payslips etc for the last 16 years and we've got about 200+ sheets. The thing is I've priced up with the solicitors and we are looking at £50+ is this about right?

How much have you all sent?

Just not sure if we are overdoing it. My husband is a Sub-Contract Bricklayer and has worked for that many companies it has been a nightmare just getting the minimum references.

Only thing is i want to get everything certified and off to the agent as we have applied for STNI through Victoria and are hoping to have everything through to be able to go in JAN 05 (pushing it abit now, I know.)

Any comments appreiceated.

Michelle

PS ALready put this on immigration but need all the advice we can get.
Old May 28th 2004, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA - How much evience???

Originally posted by fozzie
Hi

I was just wondering how much supporting documentation everyone esle has sent for the skill assessment. We are just copying and certifying all the payslips etc for the last 16 years and we've got about 200+ sheets. The thing is I've priced up with the solicitors and we are looking at £50+ is this about right?

Just not sure if we are overdoing it. My husband is a Sub-Contract Bricklayer and has worked for that many companies it has been a nightmare just getting the minimum references.

Only thing is i want to get everything certified and off to the agent as we have applied for STNI through Victoria and are hoping to have everything through to be able to go in JAN 05 (pushing it abit now, I know.)

Michelle

Hi Michelle
I applied TRA on my own back and the only advice i can give is to get as much info as you can. Does your partner have certificates relating to his job? I gave as much info as i could find and had no problems at all with TRA.
Do you know or anyone in your family know a Magistrate? Do your friends know one. I was lucky enough to know a magistrate who was more than pleased to certify all my documents free of charge. Actually stating that it was part of his job, apparently most Magistrates will do this free (although i bought the beer when i met him).
Old May 28th 2004, 10:48 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Send everything and anything you can lay your hands on that helps satisfy the TRA, the more the better. They need to see everything is legitimate and above board and that makes it easier for them to give you approval.

£50 for certification of 200+ sheets is nothing compared to the long term gains of your new life in Oz - pay it and think of what could be ahead for you

Good luck !
Old May 28th 2004, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fozzie
Hi

Michelle

My old man's a Chippie, get as much info as you can possible get.Its difficult trying to get stuff from employers. They don't see it as urgent - we want it all back yesterday. We sent 278 pages of stuff and our solicitor asked us for "£70 for cash" !!!!!!!

We included references, copies of CIS vouchers, invoices from every year he's been self employed. Copies of invoices from suppliers. Luckily we had Alan Collett guiding us through. I don't think we would have got a positive result with outhim and his team.

Jo
Old May 28th 2004, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Hi

Michelle

Hi, i am doing the same thing, my hubby is a self employed suspended ceiling fixer, you can email the TRA, i found them very helpful, we are waiting for a few refernces to come back and then a letter from an accountant. The local Magistyrates court here said they will certify any amount of documents for £8, i was also told bu the TRA that as long as a police officer is a member of the Notary Public they will do it for free in some places. Look around first.

Old May 29th 2004, 6:37 am
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Thanks for the advice everyone we have got all the documentation we can find that relates and also we have Alan Collett and Glenn Newton helping us I just wanted to know how much everyone else sent as it seems so much. I will contact the Magistrates court and find out how long it will take for them to cetify everything.

Thanks again.

We just want to get it sent now.

Michelle
Old May 29th 2004, 8:00 am
where the snakes gone?

St Patrick is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like your handling a lot of paper, very important make sure all the information you give corresponds I.e.: the dates on your CV match the dates on your jobs references. Silly as it sounds but don’t make the mistake.
Were possible get updated job references stating your daily tasks and tools used, if this is not possible prepare a Statutory Declaration listing and all pervious employment, job description for each and tools or equipment used for each. And send as much information as you can you will need as much as it takes to support your case.

Good luck
Old May 29th 2004, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Hi Michelle,

One more thing, get 2 copies of everything certified and stamped because when you send off your main visa application you have to send them a copy of everything that went with your trade assessment. We didn't know this and had to do a 2nd trip to our solicitors at more expense!!

Best of luck, remember the TRA is the hardest bit so once you've got that bit over you can relax for a while!!

CK
Old May 30th 2004, 12:14 pm
Living our dream!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by steve-n-jo
Hi

Michelle

My old man's a Chippie, get as much info as you can possible get.Its difficult trying to get stuff from employers. They don't see it as urgent - we want it all back yesterday. We sent 278 pages of stuff and our solicitor asked us for "£70 for cash" !!!!!!!

We included references, copies of CIS vouchers, invoices from every year he's been self employed. Copies of invoices from suppliers. Luckily we had Alan Collett guiding us through. I don't think we would have got a positive result with outhim and his team.

Jo

Jo

Did you have evidence or referencees that covered the whole period of each period of self employment? That's what we have been told to get but we can't get it for every single job as there have been so many just a week here or a month there. I'm dreading this now I thought we might just about have enough to send but now I don't know.

Michelle
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

Jo

Did you have evidence or referencees that covered the whole period of each period of self employment? That's what we have been told to get but we can't get it for every single job as there have been so many just a week here or a month there. I'm dreading this now I thought we might just about have enough to send but now I don't know.

Michelle

have you done a statutory declaration as well??

ours is lodged and i haven't sent a fraction of what you have, so we will probably fail