Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA - How long do I leave it ?

TRA - How long do I leave it ?

Old Sep 25th 2004, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Pauldw500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA - How long do I leave it ?

Hi all. I sent my assesment off to the TRA on the 23rd of June. I got proof of delivery for the 26th. I received a letter of confimation from them dated 23rd July. I paid to have the priority assesment.

Now it says it can take up to 3 months with the priority, and its currently been 13 weeks :-(

Incidently NO employers either current or prev have been contacted in any way ?!?

The thing is, the letter from them clearly states 'It is essential that you do not contact this office concerning the progress of your case as this will only delay the assesment of your application'

I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me how long I should leave it b4 I DO contact them ??

I've looked at the timeline site and that only makes me cringe as there are ppl getting assessed in half the time :-(

oh boooooooooo! ....lol
Old Sep 25th 2004, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

laverda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA - How long do I leave it ?

you should have heard by now.. i would suggest you ring them in case they have lost it or it was lost in the post. if using an agent ask your agent to find out..

Originally Posted by Pauldw500
Hi all. I sent my assesment off to the TRA on the 23rd of June. I got proof of delivery for the 26th. I received a letter of confimation from them dated 23rd July. I paid to have the priority assesment.

Now it says it can take up to 3 months with the priority, and its currently been 13 weeks :-(

Incidently NO employers either current or prev have been contacted in any way ?!?

The thing is, the letter from them clearly states 'It is essential that you do not contact this office concerning the progress of your case as this will only delay the assesment of your application'

I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me how long I should leave it b4 I DO contact them ??

I've looked at the timeline site and that only makes me cringe as there are ppl getting assessed in half the time :-(

oh boooooooooo! ....lol
Old Sep 25th 2004, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

we sent ours 13th april and only got a response 22nd september (priority) - it was unfortunately negative.

however, the point is that they are taking some time, up to six months even on priority. having said that some people get them back much quicker.

it really is hard to determine.

all the best

maxine
Old Sep 25th 2004, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Laverda, I know it got there as like I say I had proof it was delivered so it DID arrive ok, plus the letter I got confirming. Maybe a letter this way has got lost ?! Does anyone know, does it arrive 'normal mail' as in no signature required etc ?

moomin, sorry to hear that :-( but if that's the case about the time its taking, then do you think I should just sit and wait ?? I just wonder how long I leave it b4 I HAVE to get in contact as they obv don't like it if you do.

Do you have any alternative routes in ?? If I get a NO then I think that's it for me :-(
Old Sep 25th 2004, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

if the standard letter says that they sent to you is still quoting 3 months priority then i would give them a call or an email stating that you just wanted to check as their timeframe has been exceeded, guess it can't hurt and at least you feel like you have done something.

a couple of people have tried and from what i can establish at one point they were giving stock answer of ' you will receive it in next few weeks'.

i know that waiting game is terrible, i am not relishing the thought of going through it again!! we are just contacting agent for assistance with an appeal but the timeframes still count i think.

good luck with what ever you decide : )
Old Sep 25th 2004, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

laverda is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry should have made myself clearer, i meant them sending it to you.

as for getting a NO from them that wont exactly happen, they will say something like not enough experiance or so on. dont want to make you think the worse, but when i applied id had 12yrs in the industry i applied under, also have 3 qualifications in the industry, but they still said i wasnt good enough or experienced enough !!!i tackled them and lodged an appeal, asking how they came to their conclusion, they admitted it wasnt checked properly blah blah blah and got the full 4 yrs from them. so dont worry on that account.

mine took approx 12 weeks, but after 10 i started making enquiries and still think if i hadnt id not have heard until much much later..

good luck fingers crossed, itll be here before you know it...
Old Sep 25th 2004, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point

This seems to totally depend on how busy the person is who is assessing you. We were very lucky and it only took 12 weeks. But there have been many more people on this site who had to wait longer then 16 weeks. So there is no way of knowing how long an assessment will take. We contacted them only to confirm that it got there since we never got an acknowledgment. I am afraid it will take as long as it takes.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks for the info ppl. I guess I'll just have to sit tight for now. I'll leave it till its been say 16 weeks and if still not heard anything, I'll have to enquire with them I guess.

Cheers
Old Oct 8th 2004, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Well 2 weeks later, 1 email sent a week ago, and STILL no hear from anyone!

I emailed with my reference just askin if there was any news, but that seems to have fallen upon deaf ears :-(

Does anyone know if the TRA still exist ??
Old Oct 8th 2004, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

We are also waiting to hear from the TRA, its been since the 1st july, and starting to worry about getting turned down. Our agent doesent seem to think we had a very strong case.

I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us !!!
Old Oct 8th 2004, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi NickyJohn, yeah mine is not the strongest of cases at all. I just need to know and the wait is killing me. If it's a NO, then I want to train in another field to get a positive assessment. This will obv take years, but we're all 100% keen to get to Oz and will do whatever it takes.

It's just not knowing that is the hard bit!

Oh well :-(
Old Oct 8th 2004, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

taylors244 will become famous soon enoughtaylors244 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by laverda
sorry should have made myself clearer, i meant them sending it to you.

as for getting a NO from them that wont exactly happen, they will say something like not enough experiance or so on. dont want to make you think the worse, but when i applied id had 12yrs in the industry i applied under, also have 3 qualifications in the industry, but they still said i wasnt good enough or experienced enough !!!i tackled them and lodged an appeal, asking how they came to their conclusion, they admitted it wasnt checked properly blah blah blah and got the full 4 yrs from them. so dont worry on that account.

mine took approx 12 weeks, but after 10 i started making enquiries and still think if i hadnt id not have heard until much much later..

good luck fingers crossed, itll be here before you know it...

Hi, am just getting together all my info for agent to send to TRA.Which trade are you qualified in? I have been in the motor trade for 20yrs and have qualifications also.I can`t believe what they require. I hope they need mechanics!