TRA Enquiry

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default TRA Enquiry

Hi. I'd really appreciate any help on this one if anybody knows.

I am planning to study in Oz in 2006. I want to apply for PR after my studies. I am aware the TRA (who'll assess me - Mechanic) will be requiring 900 hours work experience to get a positive assessment, and the college assures me there is Industry Placement which will cover this.

Now I have just noticed the chart on the TRA website under 'Skill Pathway' includes:

'Additional Requirements' - 3 Years post trade experience

Can anybody tell me who this is reference to? Is this Chefs & Hairdressers as I see they have to have an extra 3 years experience.

Just a bit lost on it all now, and a bit :scared: &
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 4:14 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: TRA Enquiry

Well I found out myself, but what the TRA said might be of interest to anybody thinking of doing the same as me. I was assured by the college in Australia that my course covers the 900 hours no prob, and you can apply for TRA from this course. This appears NOT to be the case, as the reply states:

You should note, however, that AQFIII is a minimum qualification for skills recognition and you are encouraged to supplement your qualification with relevant work experience. (From July 2005, TRA will be requiring all AQFIII applicants to provide evidence of 900 hours of relevant work experience in order to apply for skills recognition with TRA.)

This work experience must be paid and be completed outside of course requirements.

Relevant supporting documentation to be provided with applications will include employer statements and payslips capable of being verified by the ATO.

:scared: ................. I need a or 9 now