TRA / Employment history

TRA / Employment history

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:22 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

SMC is on a distinguished road
Default TRA / Employment history

Hi

Can anyone tell me if or how far the TRA look into your employment history e.g. do they actually contact past employers?

Searched other threads on TRA but found nothing yet.

Just noticed posts are into double figures..........deserves a

Thanks

Simon
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:34 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA / Employment history

Originally posted by SMC
Hi

Can anyone tell me if or how far the TRA look into your employment history e.g. do they actually contact past employers?

Thanks

Simon
hi there as far as i`m aware the only people tra would contact would be the place of work for the last 12 to 18 months to clarify you have been working in your profession as you will have signed statements from the jobs previously!
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SMC
Hi

Thanks

Simon
Hi Simon.Do you have an agent?We had one for our visa app. and Neal was told he had to get references from 9 years ago:scared: .It took us bloody ages to track down his employers from that long ago but we did it in the end .
Don't know if they actually contact them mind you.
He also had to write PAINSTAKING amounts of what can only be described as c**p describing in miniscule detail what his job entails on a day to day basis.We used to joke that they NEVER intended reading any of it but would just measure the pile of paperwork and if it was of the designated height they would allow him the TRA seal of approval!!!LOL
Mrs.Neal
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:42 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

SMC is on a distinguished road

Thanks so far.

Would like to hear more thoughts though.

Simon
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:49 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SMC
Thanks so far.

Would like to hear more thoughts though.

Simon
ok then mate i`ve had 16 jobs
:scared: which meant searchin out 16 statements:scared: 3 of the firms i used to work for folded so i had to write an affadavit!once i had done this and got the typo`s redone i had 2 photocopy them all twice gggrrrhh and then get em all signed by a solicitor as well as all my city and guilds craft certicificate rtitb certs blah blah i agree with mrs neal about the size of the pile phew
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wengerboy
ok then mate i`ve had 16 jobs
:scared: which meant searchin out 16 statements:scared: 3 of the firms i used to work for folded so i had to write an affadavit!once i had done this and got the typo`s redone i had 2 photocopy them all twice gggrrrhh and then get em all signed by a solicitor as well as all my city and guilds craft certicificate rtitb certs blah blah i agree with mrs neal about the size of the pile phew
Yep.I'm with WB on this one.Getting the paperwork together for the TRA was the hardest part of the whole application(with the exception perhaps of the dragon saga )
One of Neals bosses had retired and we couldn't find him for love nor money,and another had gone to Spain.
Have to say though that although our agent messed up on the mediclas I wouldn't have been without them for the "getting through impossible paperwork"stages.All about wording it right/writing enough sides per subject etc etc .And all along you know no-ones ever going to read it ....arrrgghhh.
Good luck though all the same Mrs.N