Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

tra driving me mad

tra driving me mad

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

birchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant future
Default tra driving me mad

hi folks, I am having serious probs doing the last part of my tra, due to me having a lazy boss, I have to write it myself and get him to sign it.

I,ve sent it in to the agent once but he says there is not enough detail.
the problem I've got is I've done my forces training and experience- no problem, a description of my job as a maintenance fitter in a factory in my own words, examples of jobs, tools etc also no problems.

but......the agent wants examples of jobs, how I go about them, preparation, tools used etc.from my boss, but he doesn't know how I do the jobs because he sits in the office all day and he's an electrician and not a fitter.

I don,t understand how I can write this report from my boss and he would know about how I stripped down machines.
has anybody had a similar scenario or are there any similar trades here who could help.......please I'll buy you all a pint in perth if I ever get there
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:03 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: tra driving me mad

Originally Posted by birchway
hi folks, I am having serious probs doing the last part of my tra, due to me having a lazy boss, I have to write it myself and get him to sign it.

the problem I've got is I've done my forces training and experience- no problem, a description of my job as a maintenance fitter in a factory in my own words, examples of jobs, tools etc also no problems.

but......the agent wants examples of jobs, how I go about them, preparation, tools used etc.from my boss, but he doesn't know how I do the jobs because he sits in the office all day and he's an electrician and not a fitter.

I don,t understand how I can write this report from my boss and he would know about how I stripped down machines.
has anybody had a similar scenario or are there any similar trades here who could help.......please I'll buy you all a pint in perth if I ever get there

Hi Ive just sent you a pm

Martin
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:27 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

have fun :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:21 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

just write what they want about yourself in the thrid person, so instead of "i have experiance in" write "he has experiance in". thats pritty much how went about mine.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:39 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

1. write it yourself, and get boss to sign it, try and do it on company letterheaded paper. Dont miss out any detail

2. if hes a prick, do it again IF you can on company letterheaded paper, and if he wont sign it. Do it as a stat dec, and get countersigned by solicitor.

I had 3 scenarios.
a) company had liquidated in Coventry ( GEC ) where i did my apprenticeship
b) another firm the owner had moved to bleedin spain
c) another firm had gone into bankruptcy.

On c) i was asked to get a notification from companies house to prove the company indeed had liquidated

Sheesh its a bugga huh !
Old Sep 27th 2005, 9:19 pm
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Birchway
I am am also a maintenance fitter in a factory and am doing my TRA application also. I was going to write the descriptions of what I do myself and get the HR dept to type it up and get my manager to sign it. I think this should be ok! Just to be nosey what company do you work for and do you plan on being a fitter in OZ?
Cheers