Reload this Page >

TRA Dementiaaaaaaa............

TRA Dementiaaaaaaa............

Old Oct 28th 2005, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

cul8rm8e will become famous soon enoughcul8rm8e will become famous soon enough
Default TRA Dementiaaaaaaa............

We are using an agent to do ur TRA for myself/partner and 2 children 7 and 5,

I myself have been a plasterer since 1987, i worked for the one company from then until 1999, I dont have any certificates for the job as it wasnt any set term training (this was all done on-site for just about 3 years) before i was allowed to work independantly or as the company seen me as Qualified

NOW! the problrm is that the company went into Liquidation in 1999, i have pulled all the company records from Company house which i have given to the Agent. I have also given them a letter from the Liquidation company verifying my employment term, hours of work, rate of pay and Position (Plasterer)

The agent has requested that i get a Stat-dec from one of the company office staff to verify my employment and has advised me withought this theres a 50/50 chance of being successful with the TRA

I have managed to contact two of the original staff, (company secretary and company director) but for some reason they are telling me that they are unable to do do a stat-dec, (SORRY! cant help you with that) B*****s!

Anyway, agent has now said that i deffinately need something from one of them and has now said that if i get even a letter from them set out just like the original Stat-dec and just signed with a telephone number incase they decide to contact them to verify this.

While i was contemplating on the thought of contacting them again to kiss Ass, my other half decided to jump in ahead of me and contact one of them on her own

Anyway, this seems to have gone down ok with this and they have decided that they can help us with a letter to confirm employment

OK, it looks like the agent is going to get what he has asked for but i`m sitting here SH***** myself wondering if this is going to be enough as he originally asked for this to be done as a stat-dec

I am looking at this like anyone could have done this letter and put down a contact number in the event they need to contact them, if i am thinking this then what is to say that the TRA wont do the same and bin it as a useless piece of paper that isnt worth S*** (i have heard that on occasions TRA do contact current employer) but havent heard anyone having their previous employers being contacted

What i`m looking for here is loads of comments on where you think or know where i would stand with this

Oh! and lets say they do contact my old Company secretary, how on earth would they know that they are REALLY talking to who they think they are?

The best part of this is that my agent (to get my business and loads of others) guarantee`s that if after the initial consultation everything looks ok and they offer to take us onboard we will either get the TRA accepted or a FULL refund, this makes me feel worried that thay are either full of s*** or have an inside guy within TRA

To be honest we are paying a bit over the odds compard to other quotes i have seen mentioned on here. ( i`m happy with this if the Agent can keep to their word)
No! i dont have this in writing

Old Oct 28th 2005, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA Dementiaaaaaaa............

Originally Posted by cul8rm8e
We are using an agent to do ur TRA for myself/partner and 2 children 7 and 5,

I myself have been a plasterer since 1987, i worked for the one company from then until 1999, I dont have any certificates for the job as it wasnt any set term training (this was all done on-site for just about 3 years) before i was allowed to work independantly or as the company seen me as Qualified

NOW! the problrm is that the company went into Liquidation in 1999, i have pulled all the company records from Company house which i have given to the Agent. I have also given them a letter from the Liquidation company verifying my employment term, hours of work, rate of pay and Position (Plasterer)

The agent has requested that i get a Stat-dec from one of the company office staff to verify my employment and has advised me withought this theres a 50/50 chance of being successful with the TRA

I have managed to contact two of the original staff, (company secretary and company director) but for some reason they are telling me that they are unable to do do a stat-dec, (SORRY! cant help you with that) B*****s!

Anyway, agent has now said that i deffinately need something from one of them and has now said that if i get even a letter from them set out just like the original Stat-dec and just signed with a telephone number incase they decide to contact them to verify this.

While i was contemplating on the thought of contacting them again to kiss Ass, my other half decided to jump in ahead of me and contact one of them on her own

Anyway, this seems to have gone down ok with this and they have decided that they can help us with a letter to confirm employment

OK, it looks like the agent is going to get what he has asked for but i`m sitting here SH***** myself wondering if this is going to be enough as he originally asked for this to be done as a stat-dec

I am looking at this like anyone could have done this letter and put down a contact number in the event they need to contact them, if i am thinking this then what is to say that the TRA wont do the same and bin it as a useless piece of paper that isnt worth S*** (i have heard that on occasions TRA do contact current employer) but havent heard anyone having their previous employers being contacted

What i`m looking for here is loads of comments on where you think or know where i would stand with this

Oh! and lets say they do contact my old Company secretary, how on earth would they know that they are REALLY talking to who they think they are?

The best part of this is that my agent (to get my business and loads of others) guarantee`s that if after the initial consultation everything looks ok and they offer to take us onboard we will either get the TRA accepted or a FULL refund, this makes me feel worried that thay are either full of s*** or have an inside guy within TRA

To be honest we are paying a bit over the odds compard to other quotes i have seen mentioned on here. ( i`m happy with this if the Agent can keep to their word)
No! i dont have this in writing

i dont know who you are using mate but we used glenn newton and he is FANTASTIC. you really should post your thread on immigration to see what they have to say over there.

i would add that my hubbie is a plumber and did his training with essogas who disolved and we had similar trouble with references etc etc. we failed TRA first time with a naff agent but then used Glenn second time around and we got it!!!

what im trying to say is that you mustnt rush in only to waste your time, effort and money. get PROPER SOUND advice and get it right first time.

all you have to do is a search on the forum for TRA/agent - see who pops up the most!!

enjoy!!!
Old Oct 28th 2005, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

If you dont mind me asking, what did you eventually submit to TRA to verify his employment first time and what different details did you supply for your successful application

Originally Posted by Rooksie
i dont know who you are using mate but we used glenn newton and he is FANTASTIC. you really should post your thread on immigration to see what they have to say over there.

i would add that my hubbie is a plumber and did his training with essogas who disolved and we had similar trouble with references etc etc. we failed TRA first time with a naff agent but then used Glenn second time around and we got it!!!

what im trying to say is that you mustnt rush in only to waste your time, effort and money. get PROPER SOUND advice and get it right first time.

all you have to do is a search on the forum for TRA/agent - see who pops up the most!!

enjoy!!!
Old Oct 28th 2005, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

If you dont mind me asking, what did you eventually submit to TRA to verify his employment first time and what different details did you supply for your successful application

OMG!!! where do i start!!!

first time we submitted crap references and qualifications. second time round we submitted a platinum gilt edged s**t hot TRA application!!! it was complete and thorough and proved beyond doubt training, experience and qualifications. glenn newton uses data sheets to start with and they are fantastic for extracting information in relation to experience, qualifications and training. they are used as a starting point and the foundation of the application and it is built up from there. i dont really think i am doing him any justice to be honest and im sure i am biased because not only did we fail first time and he got us a pass on the second attempt but he also secured by husband an MODL trade which meant we could go 136 instead of 137. so yes, im his No. 1 Fan!!
Old Oct 28th 2005, 3:06 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Eeek! It's a nightmare isn't it! Sorry, can't help as we're struggling with TRA and we're doing it ourselves but I'll send you some Karma anyway! Good luck, hope you get it sorted and get a big juicy pass.

Kath x
Old Oct 28th 2005, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thanx Clippies, I know what your going through, my initial thought was to go through it alone withought the added expenses of an agent until i read a few posts on here about the failures first time around and the pass on second shot using an Agent.

We eventually decided to go with an Agent for a few reasons

1, They should know exactly what was required

2, This would take away all the stress and worry of wondering if we have submitted enough info and waiting months to recieve a failure and start all over again with an Agent (as many have done so on here!)

3, There was an offer on the table of a full refund if we did fail ( Agent will only take on clients they expect to have no problems)

BUT! As time went on we found that we have still been stressed out well and truly. Also there was no mention at the initial consultation of many documents/references that they now require

All in all, i still think that an Agent is the best way to go, i think the biggest problem is WHO to go with

Anyway! i wish you all the best with your TRA, if i can help with anything dont hesitate to ask

Originally Posted by Clippies
Eeek! It's a nightmare isn't it! Sorry, can't help as we're struggling with TRA and we're doing it ourselves but I'll send you some Karma anyway! Good luck, hope you get it sorted and get a big juicy pass.

Kath x
Old Oct 28th 2005, 5:15 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Clippies, I know what your going through, my initial thought was to go through it alone withought the added expenses of an agent until i read a few posts on here about the failures first time around and the pass on second shot using an Agent.

We eventually decided to go with an Agent for a few reasons

1, They should know exactly what was required

2, This would take away all the stress and worry of wondering if we have submitted enough info and waiting months to recieve a failure and start all over again with an Agent (as many have done so on here!)

3, There was an offer on the table of a full refund if we did fail ( Agent will only take on clients they expect to have no problems)

BUT! As time went on we found that we have still been stressed out well and truly. Also there was no mention at the initial consultation of many documents/references that they now require

All in all, i still think that an Agent is the best way to go, i think the biggest problem is WHO to go with

Anyway! i wish you all the best with your TRA, if i can help with anything dont hesitate to ask
Cheers, I know what you mean. If I had my way we'd get an Agent but hubby wants us (lol me!) to do it ourselves.

Seems no matter what stress is involved.

Mind you I guess that it's designed to put the weak willed off, cream of the crop only for Oz eh!

Good luck anyway

Kath