Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA declined..any advice?

TRA declined..any advice?

Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:35 pm
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of
Default TRA declined..any advice?

Hi there everyone,

Have just heard from TRA that OH application was declined...he was applying as a carpenter (formwork) but there doesn't appear to be a corresponding trade in oz. Where should we go from here? Should he request a review and submit new information that corrresponds to carpenter (which he would have done initially anyway) or should we start all over again?

I'm gutted and don't really know what to do...any help or advice or sponsors greatly appreciated!

Di
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA declined..any advice?

Originally Posted by koonyungdi
Hi there everyone,

Have just heard from TRA that OH application was declined...he was applying as a carpenter (formwork) but there doesn't appear to be a corresponding trade in oz. Where should we go from here? Should he request a review and submit new information that corrresponds to carpenter (which he would have done initially anyway) or should we start all over again?

I'm gutted and don't really know what to do...any help or advice or sponsors greatly appreciated!

Di
Have you employed an agent or done it yourself?

It's at times like this when it is well worth a few hundred quid to get the professionals to help you.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:41 pm
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Have you employed an agent or done it yourself?

It's at times like this when it is well worth a few hundred quid to get the professionals to help you.
Alas we did it ourselves...thought we had researched it well enough..the reasons stated were

"However , from the detail provided in the employer statements TRA is unable to verify that the the applicant is performing duties across the whole range of the trade as woud be expected of an Australian apprenticeship trained tradesperson . " Should we get new statements with more info? Or are we better off starting from scratch again (with an agent perhaps this time)?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Max&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to all

Alas we did it ourselves...thought we had researched it well enough..the reasons stated were

"However , from the detail provided in the employer statements TRA is unable to verify that the the applicant is performing duties across the whole range of the trade as woud be expected of an Australian apprenticeship trained tradesperson . " Should we get new statements with more info? Or are we better off starting from scratch again (with an agent perhaps this time)?
I'm guessing that the supporting information provided by you (references) didn't sufficiently list or clarify the duties properly. Re-apply with better references.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:00 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there everyone,

Di
Oh that's such a shame

I think it costs the same for a review as it does for a fresh app doesn't it? $300? You need to get the references to state all the different types of work he does, it needs to cover all carpentry work
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough

Hi Koonyungdi

I am really gutted for you. We applied as general electrician. We send his apprenticeship papers i.e. log books and exam certificates. It may be an idea to do an affidavit. We included one in our TRA. It listed all the tools he had worked and a detailed description of type of work he did.

Hope this helps.

MK
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:35 pm
Tra second timer

Originally Posted by Paul Fitz
Hi Koonyungdi

I am really gutted for you. We applied as general electrician. We send his apprenticeship papers i.e. log books and exam certificates. It may be an idea to do an affidavit. We included one in our TRA. It listed all the tools he had worked and a detailed description of type of work he did.

Hope this helps.

MK
Thanks for all the replies..my husband never did a formal apprenticeship and as such as no qualifications other than those aquired on site over 20 years!

I guess I'm just unsure as to the level of detail that is required..we did 11 pages of handwritten detailing where he started, etc.. but confining it to duties linked to Formwork as that is what he does now but I guess we should have covered all aspects of carpentry. It says to give them a call before looking for a review to get feedback so hopefully I will know more at about midnight tonight!
I just feel like we've taken about 10 steps backwards and don't know whether we should look for another route or try and get an idea of exactly what we need to put in the reference along with another description from OH covering everything down to how to hammer a nail!
Sorry for going on...and thanks for listening!
Di
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:37 pm
Tra second timer

Originally Posted by Clippies
Oh that's such a shame

I think it costs the same for a review as it does for a fresh app doesn't it? $300? You need to get the references to state all the different types of work he does, it needs to cover all carpentry work
Hi Clippies,

Not on a carpenter's TRA by any chance? If yes just how detailed does it need to be? All advice greatly appreciated..
Di
Old Jun 20th 2006, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Di,

I've just replied to your post on the Irish thread. Hang in there, I have all the stuff and info you need !!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry for your bad news If I were you I would now go with an agent, they will advise you exactly what to do, then you can do the visa stage yourself,as I think the TRA is the trickiest part of the process.

N
Old Jun 20th 2006, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Clippies,

Not on a carpenter's TRA by any chance? If yes just how detailed does it need to be? All advice greatly appreciated..
Di
Dont be to disheartened.it happened to us.we didnt provide enough evidence.4 months after resubmitting a fresh tra we passed and are now off in end of July.Its tough but will be worth it and then you will forget about your disappointment.x Irishbloo
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:06 pm
Tra second timer

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Dont be to disheartened.it happened to us.we didnt provide enough evidence.4 months after resubmitting a fresh tra we passed and are now off in end of July.Its tough but will be worth it and then you will forget about your disappointment.x Irishbloo
Thanks Irishbloo and Curly,

Picking myself up as I write! Am I better off submitting a fresh application or can additional information be given when requesting a review as they say in the letter that we may wish to provide further information but that fee will only be refunded if review is sucessful if based on original documents??

Thanks

Di
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Irishbloo and Curly,

Picking myself up as I write! Am I better off submitting a fresh application or can additional information be given when requesting a review as they say in the letter that we may wish to provide further information but that fee will only be refunded if review is sucessful if based on original documents??

Thanks

Di
HI Di,i hink that it may be best to send off afresh one but we were so upset that we got an agent.It still took us afew months to get it all together but im so glad that we didnt give up.Tras are coming back so quick these days so if you get things together quickly all will be well.x Sandra
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:52 pm
Off to Goldy on my own!!!

sreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to all

got my tra on the third attempt.you have to explain to them in idiot language exactly what u do.imagine you are explaining to a five year old kid what you do,Im a mechanic if you give me your email i can send you what i sent to tra.it will give you an idea of what to send
steve

Di[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:55 pm
Tra second timer

Originally Posted by sreeby
got my tra on the third attempt.you have to explain to them in idiot language exactly what u do.imagine you are explaining to a five year old kid what you do,Im a mechanic if you give me your email i can send you what i sent to tra.it will give you an idea of what to send
steve

Di
[/QUOTE]

Thanks sreeby! I've sent you a pm!

Many thanks

Di

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.