TRA Concerns

Old Jan 16th 2004, 8:57 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA Concerns

I had a phone call tonight from a friend who was pretty worried.

He had just come off the phone to his Immigration consultant after asking him for a copy of his TRA approval.

The immigration consultant told him he had sent the approved TRA papers to DIMIA with the application but had not taken a copy as he would not need them when he got to Australia.

I do not believe that DIMIA will return the TRA papers, when they approve his application.

When this guy arrives in Australia, wont he surely need a copy of the TRA papers as evidence that his trade has been approved.

Could he not be a butcher posing as an Electrican without the TRA approval.

If he does need the TRA Papers, how can he obtain a copy of them?

His designated region is Sydney NSW.

Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:05 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Concerns

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND

He had just come off the phone to his Immigration consultant after asking him for a copy of his TRA approval.

The immigration consultant told him he had sent the approved TRA papers to DIMIA with the application but had not taken a copy as he would not need them when he got to Australia.

I do not believe that DIMIA will return the TRA papers, when they approve his application.

When this guy arrives in Australia, wont he surely need a copy of the TRA papers as evidence that his trade has been approved.

Cheers.
is this immigration (consultant) being paid if so surely it is down to him to sort out this mess
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

Shouldn't he have sent off a photocopy kept the original until asked at the final stage but still kept back a photocopy for himself as proof when he goes to get a job in Australia ? It's been over a year and half since we applied so I'm a bit vague but I think that's what we did. I can't remember when we had our final approval whether DIMIA sent back TRA papers but we definatly have copies off them, hope someone can help you a bit more with your question.

Juls
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:11 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by Juls
Shouldn't he have sent off a photocopy kept the original until asked at the final stage but still kept back a photocopy for himself as proof when he goes to get a job in Australia ? It's been over a year and half since we applied so I'm a bit vague but I think that's what we did. I can't remember when we had our final approval whether DIMIA sent back TRA papers but we definatly have copies off them, hope someone can help you a bit more with your question.

Juls

Juls
He has never even seen a copy of his TRA approval. He only recieved e-mail confirmation from his immigration consultant that his TRA had been approved.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:14 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.
he would still have the originals ,and dimia i think would`nt issue a pr without possy skill,plus his details must be on file with tra
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

Juls
He has never even seen a copy of his TRA approval. He only recieved e-mail confirmation from his immigration consultant that his TRA had been approved.

Cheers.
Adelaide Bound,

I'd ask his consultant for a copy he must have one, we didn't use a agent went solo on it but I know the TRA sent us the documents by post. Since being here in Adelaide Darren has been asked to show his copy too by employers to show he was duly assessed. Emmigrating is enough stress and pressure with out added, perhaps someone else on the forum using agents could say whether they had their papers after approval.

Juls
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:21 pm
Up The Arse!!

Cheers.
p.s. arron on this forum just achieved a possy skill ,his agent just said you have passed the skill assessment and no cert forwarded send him a p.m for more info
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:30 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by wengerboy
he would still have the originals ,and dimia i think would`nt issue a pr without possy skill,plus his details must be on file with tra
Wengerboy
His worry is employers may think he could be out there on a spouse visa. The fact that he says he is an electrician is only his say so without the TRA Papers.

I have to say I can see where he is coming from.

Yes he has his city and guilds and all the other associated paperwork.

The immigration consultant has never given him his papers so how could he keep the original copy?

The immigration consultant has told him he sent the TRA approved papers straight to DIMIA.

Stupid yes, But all he is looking at is how to get out of the mess.

Could he contact TRA direct and request a duplicate copy. After all it must be on file.

Information he is looking for is has this happened to anybody else? How did they get over it.

If you can contact TRA Direct, Does anybody have a contact number and e-mail address.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:33 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

p.s. arron on this forum just achieved a possy skill ,his agent just said you have passed the skill assessment and no cert forwarded send him a p.m for more info
Wengerboy

Thats exactly what happened to him.

Cheers.

Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:34 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by Juls
Adelaide Bound,

I'd ask his consultant for a copy he must have one, we didn't use a agent went solo on it but I know the TRA sent us the documents by post. Since being here in Adelaide Darren has been asked to show his copy too by employers to show he was duly assessed. Emmigrating is enough stress and pressure with out added, perhaps someone else on the forum using agents could say whether they had their papers after approval.

Juls

Juls
I think he is wishing he went solo.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:49 pm
Up The Arse!!

Wengerboy
His worry is employers may think he could be out there on a spouse visa. The fact that he says he is an electrician is only his say so without the TRA Papers.

I have to say I can see where he is coming from.

Yes he has his city and guilds and all the other associated paperwork.

The immigration consultant has never given him his papers so how could he keep the original copy?

The immigration consultant has told him he sent the TRA approved papers straight to DIMIA.

Stupid yes, But all he is looking at is how to get out of the mess.

Could he contact TRA direct and request a duplicate copy. After all it must be on file.

Information he is looking for is has this happened to anybody else? How did they get over it.

If you can contact TRA Direct, Does anybody have a contact number and e-mail address.

Cheers.
right ab here goes skills assessor tra gpo box 9879 sydney nsw 2001 telephone +61 2 9246 0760 email [email protected] website www.workplace.gov.au/tra hope this helps

Last edited by wengerboy; Jan 16th 2004 at 9:54 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:52 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

right ab here goes skills assessor tra gpo box 9879 sydney nsw 2001 telephone +61 2 9246 0760 email [email protected] website www.workplace.gov.au?tra hope this helps
You are a fine person, Thank you very much.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 9:54 pm
Up The Arse!!

You are a fine person, Thank you very much.

Cheers.
no bother i`m off for a wee now then bed
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:15 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick note to say that all Registered Migration Agents are required to retain a copy of the complete visa application on file in case of need ... so the agent should (if Registered) be able to supply a copy of the TRA classification.

Best regards.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 11:20 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Just a quick note to say that all Registered Migration Agents are required to retain a copy of the complete visa application on file in case of need ... so the agent should (if Registered) be able to supply a copy of the TRA classification.

Best regards.

Alan
I will pass this information on to my friend. I will send you a PM with the Immigration agents name. May suprise you there again may not.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.