Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

tra cert. quiery

tra cert. quiery

Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

rosscog will become famous soon enoughrosscog will become famous soon enough
Default tra cert. quiery

Hi, ive been in oz for a week now and am hard at it looking for work, but i went for an interview today and they asked me for my tra certificate, trouble is i cant find it anywhere and without it i am stuffed, i cant even remember having one but i know i must have,

My question is, has this happened to anyone else and what did you do about it, i tried ringing tra in canberra today but it just rang and rang and they are only open on a monday and wednesday between 2pm and 5pm, what a pain in the arse,

Any advice welcome, cheers, ross.....
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice
Default Re: tra cert. quiery

Originally Posted by rosscog
Hi, ive been in oz for a week now and am hard at it looking for work, but i went for an interview today and they asked me for my tra certificate, trouble is i cant find it anywhere and without it i am stuffed, i cant even remember having one but i know i must have,

My question is, has this happened to anyone else and what did you do about it, i tried ringing tra in canberra today but it just rang and rang and they are only open on a monday and wednesday between 2pm and 5pm, what a pain in the arse,

Any advice welcome, cheers, ross.....

Hi Ross,

I've recently had my TRA returned with a pass, but I didn't get a certificate, just a letter saying my application was successful and my occupation was recognised for migration purposes or something like that. As far as I know thats all they send.

Cheers.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't you have sent it in with your visa application, and unless you took a copy you don't get your paperwork back. If you used and agent they may have a copy of your file.

Jo
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:53 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pauline & Iain
Hi Ross,

I've recently had my TRA returned with a pass, but I didn't get a certificate, just a letter saying my application was successful and my occupation was recognised for migration purposes or something like that. As far as I know thats all they send.

Cheers.
That's it!! ...the letter is your proof of a successful TRA!!
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:00 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

I think you may find that the employers meant your TRA Trade Certification.. this is NOT something you get when you are initially assessed pre-migration by TRA. When you are initiall assessed by TRA this is only to say you are "suitable" for migration in your trade. All you get then is a letter saying YES or NO.

The Trade Certification is a completely seperate certification that you gain from TRA for your trade when you have arrived in Australia.... it is only for certain types of tradesmen..... to explain it better think of it a registration kind of like CORGI is for Gasfitters.........

Look here: http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...oroverseas.htm

Claire
x
Old Jun 20th 2005, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

rosscog will become famous soon enoughrosscog will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your replies, i never knew about this additional australian trades cert.

does anyone know what it intails and how long it takes to get one, cheers
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:32 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosscog
Thanks for your replies, i never knew about this additional australian trades cert.

does anyone know what it intails and how long it takes to get one, cheers
As far as I know, it all depends on what trade you do....
I have a friend who is a sparky & they studied up on the Aussie rules & regs and then went to the TRA in Brissie & did the test... passed it & got their certificate within a month after that.......

A couple of things to take into account are :

a) It costs between $100 & $300

b) The books you have to study from are quite expensive if you cannot find them at a library.....

What is your trade BTW?

If you go to the link I gave earlier in the thread, all the info you need is there, including the application forms.

Claire
x
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

windaelicker is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to see a nice man in Adelaide st in brisbane and all he wanted to see was my original certificates and references as was supplied for my original TRA application and of course the $100 fee.

He sends it away and what i believe is you get a certificate from TRA saying your previous qualifications from abroad qualify me in my case as a
electrical fitter / instruments.

I am still waiting for said certificate so still dont know what i will recieve.

The electrical safety certificate is another story alltogether.

G