Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tra - Carpenter&Joiner

Wikiposts

Tra - Carpenter&Joiner

Old May 25th 2003, 11:52 pm
zen
Forum Regular

zen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura about
Default Tra - Carpenter&Joiner

Hiya folks .. anyone out there know what the criteria to pass the Tra assessment as a carpenter/joiner is...? What qualifications do you need and how many years experience do you need to qualify? My boyfriend has NVQ Lvl 2 as a Joiner/Carpenter... is this enough or would he need NVQ Lvl 3/4 ? How many years in addition to this does he need in experience? How easy/difficult is it to get a job in this field in OZ? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp !
Old May 25th 2003, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hubby has applied under this catergory,

Not sure what you need in detail, he his time- served with NVQ level three and 8 years experience without a break.
Old May 26th 2003, 12:10 am
zen
Forum Regular

zen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura aboutzen has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hubby has applied under this catergory,

Not sure what you need in detail, he his time- served with NVQ level three and 8 years experience without a break.
Did you guys use an agency for your application or did you do it yourselves..?
Old May 26th 2003, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We used an agency called Gomatilda. www.gomatilda.com. As we had just recently married and wanted someone to do the hard work for us.
Old May 26th 2003, 7:28 am
zen
Forum Regular

Hi,

We used an agency called Gomatilda. www.gomatilda.com. As we had just recently married and wanted someone to do the hard work for us.
Ah yes marriage.. its great fun organising one of them..
I'm in the middle of doing that just now so I know how it feels.. too much to do and just not enough time!
Old May 26th 2003, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Congratulations, yes so you understand, we applied just after we got married and there was no way I was doing more work.

When do you get married have you been on www.hitched.co.uk yet that site is a must for B2B ?
Old May 26th 2003, 7:41 am
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tra - Carpenter&Joiner

Originally posted by zen
Hiya folks .. anyone out there know what the criteria to pass the Tra assessment as a carpenter/joiner is...? What qualifications do you need and how many years experience do you need to qualify? My boyfriend has NVQ Lvl 2 as a Joiner/Carpenter... is this enough or would he need NVQ Lvl 3/4 ? How many years in addition to this does he need in experience? How easy/difficult is it to get a job in this field in OZ? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp !
:scared:try not to panic i have no formal qualifacations yet i have passed tra as a carpenter ,just try to get as many good references as poss and write your stat decs as in depth as you possibly can. good luck.
Old May 26th 2003, 7:51 am
zen
Forum Regular

Congratulations, yes so you understand, we applied just after we got married and there was no way I was doing more work.

When do you get married have you been on www.hitched.co.uk yet that site is a must for B2B ?
We don't get married till August but I just can't get over how much effort and organising's involved.. Cheers for the url.