Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA Carpenter HELP!

TRA Carpenter HELP!

Old Aug 5th 2006, 6:39 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TRA Carpenter HELP!

[B]Just filling out TRA form as carpenter. Can anyone please offer any advice. Have all my certificates (City & Guilds Carpentry/Joinery and Advanced Craft Carpentry/Joinery). However, on the form they ask for "details of content & nature of course". Is this just a statement to be written by me detailing content (if I can remember!), or are they looking for something official from C&G. My wife's a nurse & had to get transcripts from Uni, I don't have anything like this, Can anyone help, please? If I do need to get something official can anyone give me a contact detail?
Many thanks.
Chris

Last edited by daisylilymum; Aug 5th 2006 at 6:42 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 6:57 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA Carpenter HELP!

Originally Posted by daisylilymum
[B]Just filling out TRA form as carpenter. Can anyone please offer any advice. Have all my certificates (City & Guilds Carpentry/Joinery and Advanced Craft Carpentry/Joinery). However, on the form they ask for "details of content & nature of course". Is this just a statement to be written by me detailing content (if I can remember!), or are they looking for something official from C&G. My wife's a nurse & had to get transcripts from Uni, I don't have anything like this, Can anyone help, please? If I do need to get something official can anyone give me a contact detail?
Many thanks.
Chris
its for you to fill in, details of the course you attended and what you did on it.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

Thumbs up Re: TRA Carpenter HELP!

Originally Posted by possoms
its for you to fill in, details of the course you attended and what you did on it.
Cheers Possoms!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 7:05 pm

Cheers Possoms!
that's ok, over 20yrs since my OH attended college and that's what we did just included the certificates. Good luck with it
Old Aug 5th 2006, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

that's ok, over 20yrs since my OH attended college and that's what we did just included the certificates. Good luck with it
Were you successful with TRA? When do you go?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 7:14 pm

Were you successful with TRA? When do you go?
yes, we've had the visas since last August unfortunatley having problems selling the house! cant go until we've sold

where are you off to?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

Smile Re: TRA Carpenter HELP!

yes, we've had the visas since last August unfortunatley having problems selling the house! cant go until we've sold

where are you off to?
Not too sure, thinking South of Perth - Rockingham/Mandurah areas, but this depends on house prices when we actually go. Also considered SA, but not too sure. Don't fancy Vic or NT. Did fancy Sunshine Coast but heard that getting a BSA license could be a nightmare?
Planning to go Sept 07 if visa'a are here by then, but we also have a house to sell, so a lot of if's but's & maybe's! We will definately be going though, for at least two years. If after that time either of us hate it, we will do some travelling & come home, after getting Aussie passports for us & kids. Wife's been before, working & travelling, but I haven't been. I'm really keen to go, but really don't know what I'm in for!
What about you? Where do you plan to settle?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 7:46 pm

Not too sure, thinking South of Perth - Rockingham/Mandurah areas, but this depends on house prices when we actually go. Also considered SA, but not too sure. Don't fancy Vic or NT. Did fancy Sunshine Coast but heard that getting a BSA license could be a nightmare?
Planning to go Sept 07 if visa'a are here by then, but we also have a house to sell, so a lot of if's but's & maybe's! We will definately be going though, for at least two years. If after that time either of us hate it, we will do some travelling & come home, after getting Aussie passports for us & kids. Wife's been before, working & travelling, but I haven't been. I'm really keen to go, but really don't know what I'm in for!
What about you? Where do you plan to settle?
We spent 6 months in Perth my OH has relatives there, we really liked it. We are off to Tasmania

yeah the licence thing sounds a nightmare doesnt it? been assured we dont need one in Tas but even so.

got to be honest even though the visa process seemed such a nightmare at the time, its nothing compared to trying to sell the house.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

We spent 6 months in Perth my OH has relatives there, we really liked it. We are off to Tasmania

yeah the licence thing sounds a nightmare doesnt it? been assured we dont need one in Tas but even so.

got to be honest even though the visa process seemed such a nightmare at the time, its nothing compared to trying to sell the house.
Bless you. Best of luck. Let us know how it's going x
Old Aug 5th 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks.
Chris

I have recently been aproved by tra as a carpenter
I could not find my c and g certs so i had a teacher whome taught(20 years ago) me write a brief ref saying how long the course was how many days a week and how many hours a day, the tra are very interested in how your training goes in the first few years so you will need to describe how your day was it will probably be more or less same as mine
4 hours in a classroom tech stuff and drawings
couple of hours at a bench
couple of hours on mock up site work
pad this out over about 2 pages
that should be the college stuff sorted
Rod
Old Aug 5th 2006, 8:53 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough

whats a BSA license ?
Old Aug 6th 2006, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ivanjjordan
whats a BSA license ?
Hi,
Building Services Authority, they regulate the building trade in Queensland. Look at bsa.qld.gov.au
Regards,
Jane
Old Aug 6th 2006, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Rod, that's great,
Regards,
Chris
Old Aug 6th 2006, 1:33 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough

cheers , do i need to get a certificate off the Building Services Authority to get a job.
ivan
Old Aug 6th 2006, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by ivanjjordan
cheers , do i need to get a certificate off the Building Services Authority to get a job.
ivan
take a look at this thread Ivan:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...trade+licences

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.