Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA assessment - plumber

TRA assessment - plumber

Old Oct 10th 2005, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default TRA assessment - plumber

Hi guys,
I know this question has been asked before but I've done a search and there are millions of threads on it so just wondered if someone could maybe direct me to the relevant posts.
My boyfriend and I have just decided to apply for a Skilled Indie visa as he is a plumber.
However, he is self employed, has no formal quals or training and could just about prove six years work experience.
What I really want to know is how much detail you are meant to include for the TRA.
And do you need to show that you have worked continuously for those six years (eg, what if he had breaks of a month during the six years?)
Some of his jobs (which have generally been bathroom fitting) have been for friends. Can he use these or do you have to prove they were 'official' jobs?
And there seems to be certain aspects of the 'general plumber' occupation which are very different to being a plumber in the UK. Has anyone found this a problem?
One other thing, it looks like being a bit of a minefield but we would like to avoid the extra cost of going with an agent. Would anyone recommend this or in would they say that, in cases such as this, an agent is beneficial.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Dianne
Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:57 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA assessment - plumber

Originally Posted by DianneH68

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Dianne
Dianne as youve asked so many general questions i suggest that you start at the link below
go through the web site as it has the info you will need
and if you need any futher advice i suggest you make another post later detailing what you need to know

regards steve

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...processing.htm