Reload this Page >

TRA Assessment as a Carpenter

TRA Assessment as a Carpenter

Old Aug 5th 2005, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Clairebear74 will become famous soon enough
Question TRA Assessment as a Carpenter

Hello,

I am desperately trying to get my husband's TRA application as a Carpenter together and I gather that the more information the better... It seems to be taking forever to get him to sit down and write this info out. I just wanted to check that we're doing it right i.e. listing every single job he's worked on and what he did on each job and what tools he used on each job, any pointers would be very helpful, I would be ever so grateful if anyone could send me a copy of their TRA application so I could get an idea of what needs to be put down and how to set out. Also when having to list all his other jobs that are not related to carpentry there is no way to trace the exact dates he worked for these different places (tax records only go back 6 years!) and most have since gone out of business do you think a statement to this effect would be ok? Any guidance would be gratefully received .. it seems TRA need to know your whole life story which feels like it'll take us forever to get together (what with us both working fulltime and having a bouncing three year old girl running around its such a nightmare) - arrgh please help if you can

Claire x :scared:
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:21 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Assessment as a Carpenter

Originally Posted by Clairebear74
Hello,

I am desperately trying to get my husband's TRA application as a Carpenter together and I gather that the more information the better... It seems to be taking forever to get him to sit down and write this info out. I just wanted to check that we're doing it right i.e. listing every single job he's worked on and what he did on each job and what tools he used on each job, any pointers would be very helpful, I would be ever so grateful if anyone could send me a copy of their TRA application so I could get an idea of what needs to be put down and how to set out. Also when having to list all his other jobs that are not related to carpentry there is no way to trace the exact dates he worked for these different places (tax records only go back 6 years!) and most have since gone out of business do you think a statement to this effect would be ok? Any guidance would be gratefully received .. it seems TRA need to know your whole life story which feels like it'll take us forever to get together (what with us both working fulltime and having a bouncing three year old girl running around its such a nightmare) - arrgh please help if you can

I would place this question in the Australian Immigration forum , you may get a better response.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Hello,

hi if u give your email address i can send you a copy of what some sent us it really did help
Old Aug 5th 2005, 1:53 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

If your really struggling why dont you use an agent.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Sharonmay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clanwylie
hi if u give your email address i can send you a copy of what some sent us it really did help
Hi just wondering if you would send me a copy as well, i am in the same position.
Many Thanks
Sharon
Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

Could I jump on the band wagon too? I think I'm nearly there, but seeing someone else's effort would be really helpful and reassuring.

Thanks

Mhairi
Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:34 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

if anyone needs any help i can try to...... just PM me your email addy!

Mhairi - did what i sent you help?
Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really niceMhairi is just really nice

Claire

The info you sent me was really useful. I can see an awful lot of work has gone into it and it gives me a good feel for what I need to be doing. I'm starting to write up my response to Q7 on the TRA tonight. As my husband has only ever worked for 2 employers I'm trying to think of ways of padding it out. Any examples from fellow carpenter/joiners would be really, really helpful.

Mhairi
Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:58 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mhairi
Claire

The info you sent me was really useful. I can see an awful lot of work has gone into it and it gives me a good feel for what I need to be doing. I'm starting to write up my response to Q7 on the TRA tonight. As my husband has only ever worked for 2 employers I'm trying to think of ways of padding it out. Any examples from fellow carpenter/joiners would be really, really helpful.

Mhairi
Does it matter how many employers he's had? as long as HE writes down for you all the jobs he does involving carpentry ie 1st & 2nd fix, dove tail joints, hanging doors, roofs, fitting cupboards etc everything. He knows what he does even if it dosnt sound much get him to write it down along with all the tools he uses hand held and electric. Then you can type it up properly if your the one doing it.

Are you using an agent? if so they will check it out and say if there is enough info or not.

good luck

Possoms
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Clairebear74 will become famous soon enough

Hello - thanks for your e-mail, I would love to see a copy of yours it would help loads, much appreciated!

[email protected]

Regards,

Claire x
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Silver Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We are also in the same situation, currently gathering all the info for my partners carpentry history, and to see a completed successful TRA application would be enormously helpful, would you mind also sending us a copy please, to [email protected], if you have any other helpful tips it would be most appreciated.
Many thanks.