British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Tra Assessment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/tra-assessment-237788/)

cybie Jun 22nd 2004 8:12 am

Tra Assessment

I have just started the long process of form filling. The TRA form requires letters from all past employers. I have the requirements from the emigration website but have been told by an emigration company that they need to be more detailed than those requirements. Are they just stating that because we want to fill in the forms ourselves and not use them? Does anybody have an example of a successful employer letter and typical contents. It is hard enough trying to get a letter out of previous employer without asking for a "war and peace" epic.

Hope to join everybody soon :beer:

JayneS Jun 22nd 2004 8:20 am

Re: Tra Assessment

Oh believe me, go with the war and peace epic! I failed mine first time due to not submitting enough info - despite thinking i'd given loads. Agent helped me submit second time and I put in so much detail - every single thing I could think of and we passed. We put together full reference letters, full lists of duties etc, lists of tools and machines used, full training programmes.
Good luck.

cybie Jun 22nd 2004 8:48 am

Yes I can see the point on war and peace on the last page of the form but not for the employers letters. Ours only have a list of tools used and duties. Are these OK or should I try and get them replaced before submitting form?

JayneS Jun 22nd 2004 9:01 am

I would thoroughly recommend paying a sum to an agent to check them. George Lombard's rates are very reasonable and it's totally worth the peace of mind - and saving yourself another 3 months if the worst should happen and it fails.
Some agents however quoted me massive fees so I'd bear that in mind!

thebarkers Jun 22nd 2004 9:36 am

You need EVERYTHING you can muster

refrences from every one with the dates you worked from and till what jobs you done whilst you were there

any certificate's you may have

we had to get on to companies house as two of the firms Matt had worked for had gone bust or dissapeared
we sent old bank statements to proove that he had wages going in from said firms,
wage silps,
sworn decleration by matt to say he had worked for them

so realy get your hands on whatever you can
even if you think you are sending too much stuff get more they will want to see it !!!!!!

woody1974 Jun 22nd 2004 3:56 pm

Originally posted by cybie
I have just started the long process of form filling. The TRA form requires letters from all past employers. I have the requirements from the emigration website but have been told by an emigration company that they need to be more detailed than those requirements. Are they just stating that because we want to fill in the forms ourselves and not use them? Does anybody have an example of a successful employer letter and typical contents. It is hard enough trying to get a letter out of previous employer without asking for a "war and peace" epic.

Hope to join everybody soon :beer:
Right first off i did 7/8 pages covering everything i did on my apprenticeship ( down to changing fuses).
Then when i found out that the companies only give the standard references so i had to get stat declorations from my old gaffers stating when i started, what tasks i performed, what tools i used(down to screwdrivers, i know) and at the end of all this info they put a general reference as to you being the best worker ever.
If you can get old employers to give you all this info on letter headed paper you will be laughing and won,t need the stat declorations doin
All the best and don,t pull your hair out, i been told this is the worst bit. i bloody hope so
ATB
andy(you'll need a few of these)

:beer: :beer: :D

sumpti Jun 22nd 2004 4:28 pm

Originally posted by JayneS
I would thoroughly recommend paying a sum to an agent to check them. George Lombard's rates are very reasonable and it's totally worth the peace of mind - and saving yourself another 3 months if the worst should happen and it fails.
Some agents however quoted me massive fees so I'd bear that in mind!
Hi sorry to butt in here. Please could you confirm who George Lombard is and does he look at all areas of skills assessment???:eek:

woody1974 Jun 22nd 2004 4:33 pm

Originally posted by sumpti
Hi sorry to butt in here. Please could you confirm who George Lombard is and does he look at all areas of skills assessment???:eek:
if you do asearch you should find an address on here somewhere

sumpti Jun 22nd 2004 4:35 pm

Originally posted by woody1974
if you do asearch you should find an address on here somewhere
thanks for that! can check his charges to see if cheaper than have been quoted!:)

woody1974 Jun 22nd 2004 4:36 pm

Originally posted by sumpti
did a quick search and found this e'mail address

[email protected]

Hope this helps you out:) :)

sumpti Jun 22nd 2004 4:57 pm

Originally posted by woody1974
did a quick search and found this e'mail address

[email protected]

Hope this helps you out:) :)
chers Woody, much appreciated:D