Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA assesment queries

Wikiposts

TRA assesment queries

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Question TRA assesment queries

Hi everyone after receiving positive advice from Victoria on possible state nomination it now appears, as I'm putting my TRA assessment together that 2 of my previous companies no longer exist and I would find it extremely difficult to get references from them as I do not know where the managers now live.
I also would not like to involve my present company until I get my final okay to emigrate as I dont think they would take too kindly to me leaving.
I do have all my trade certificates and can prove my knowledge with these and also some references but not all.
Anyone any ideas how the TRA feel about not receiving all the letters of reference.
It actually states in the assessment notes that references should all be included and on paper with a company letterheaded.

Out of interest is a bank manager from Australia able to authorise photocopies of my Trade certficates?

By the way I am a sheetmetalworker

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

always a tricky one this ra

sadly you will need to prove you are still involved in the job of your tra for the last 12 out of 18 months -thereby not involving your present employer would be almost impossible..some try the old 'we're looking at re-mortgaging' etc but the tra need a detailed job description and position not just proof of employemnt/wage..

one the other matter

if you make a statement as to why you cannot get references or indeed any proof of those companies -wage slips, correspondance etc

then they will usually accept that..

hopwever for your sake you should make as strong as case as to your skills as possible..

my tra run to 12 a4 pages and sailed through..

cheers

richard
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Fuzzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA assesment queries

I, myself had a couple of referances missing from my TRA assessment. All you have to do is write out your own statuary declaration, detailing all the ins and outs of your employment within the company as well as pointing out why you cannot get an original referance, this, along with your other referances has to be very detailed. Take the declarations along to a solicitors and get it certified, you may also have to swear that they are true.
I made out two statuary declarations, with three original's and got a reply back from the TRA within three weeks!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:05 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA assesment queries

Originally posted by Dicko
Hi everyone after receiving positive advice from Victoria on possible state nomination it now appears, as I'm putting my TRA assessment together that 2 of my previous companies no longer exist and I would find it extremely difficult to get references from them as I do not know where the managers now live.
I also would not like to involve my present company until I get my final okay to emigrate as I dont think they would take too kindly to me leaving.
I do have all my trade certificates and can prove my knowledge with these and also some references but not all.
Anyone any ideas how the TRA feel about not receiving all the letters of reference.
It actually states in the assessment notes that references should all be included and on paper with a company letterheaded.

Out of interest is a bank manager from Australia able to authorise photocopies of my Trade certficates?

By the way I am a sheetmetalworker

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?
My Personel manager was retired and the company no longer existed when I went to get my references.

I went to a friend who is now a director of another electrical company and who was an engineer when I was an apprentice.

He verified that I worked for the company between the times stated.

I had to write my own reference, putting in as much detail as I could on work experience.

He just cut and pasted the information on to his companys letterhead once he was satisfied that the information was a fair reflection of my training.

The assesment was approved in 3 weeks.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers.