British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   tra applications (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/tra-applications-278873/)

mandrew Jan 20th 2005 4:55 pm

tra applications

About to send off tra application for hairdresser. PLEASE tell me has anyone had them contact previous employers?

scissors Jan 20th 2005 5:00 pm

Re: tra applications

hiya, im a hairdresser myself and thr tra never contacted any previous employers,so i wouldnt worry,as long as you give them the info that they need.

tracey.

Originally Posted by mandrew
About to send off tra application for hairdresser. PLEASE tell me has anyone had them contact previous employers?

Bordy Jan 20th 2005 5:06 pm

Good luck with the application Andrew, hope to see you back over this side soon.

mandrew Jan 24th 2005 10:29 am

Cheers mate,hope you and the wife are well.Hope to see you before the year is out.

mandrew Jan 24th 2005 10:31 am

Thx Tracy,what stage you at?

scissors Jan 24th 2005 11:39 am

hi andrew,we just got our visas a couple of weeks ago,heading for brisbane in the summer,where are you thinking of going?

tracey.

Thx Tracy,what stage you at?

bridiej Jan 24th 2005 1:44 pm

I think they contact employers in a random fashio, that said I dont think I've heard of anyone having their employers contacted but you never know...

mandrew Jan 24th 2005 4:25 pm

Hi there,thx for getting back to me so quickly. Im heading to Victoria. Im going the 136 route i think it is,or will be when i get tra sorted. The Victoria govt. sponsors people for permanent residence if you agree to live/work in Victoria for two yrs.No probs as i want to go to Melbourne. It seems to me to be the quickest/easiest route as i only need 70 points and its all speeded up big time. I was just over there working at Toni and Guy,Melbourne.I was sponsored on a 4 yr visa but cut an immi.agents hair and because of my age im best off applying for pr now,also coz trade can be taken off list. Theyve just added 20 points for h/dressers as you probably know and hope to god i get back quick. Keep in touch,and i wish you well.Looking 4wd 2 hearing from u soon,Andrew.

karenjc Jan 24th 2005 5:04 pm

Hi there,thx for getting back to me so quickly. Im heading to Victoria. Im going the 136 route i think it is,or will be when i get tra sorted. The Victoria govt. sponsors people for permanent residence if you agree to live/work in Victoria for two yrs.No probs as i want to go to Melbourne. It seems to me to be the quickest/easiest route as i only need 70 points and its all speeded up big time. I was just over there working at Toni and Guy,Melbourne.I was sponsored on a 4 yr visa but cut an immi.agents hair and because of my age im best off applying for pr now,also coz trade can be taken off list. Theyve just added 20 points for h/dressers as you probably know and hope to god i get back quick. Keep in touch,and i wish you well.Looking 4wd 2 hearing from u soon,Andrew.

can i just ask, when the points total went up several months ago we fell just short of it, with this in mind we were happy to go down the state sponsored route only for my job to then come onto the modl list so back to plan a we went, well any way when were looking at victoria through the sponsored system we were told that you could not go to the main city,s, it was a question of you being located somewhere, so just asking is this not the case any more. hopefully not then all the best darren

mandrew Jan 24th 2005 5:13 pm

What youre talking about is where Vic. govt regional sponsorship where they require less points etc,etc,etc.BUT you can only work in the boonies. OR you can go my route which ic STNI.meaning all of Victoria,and through Vic. govt you only need 70 points if your a hairdresser as theyre badly needed in 3 states. You need approval from Vic. govt. first.Send them yuor c.v. If you not a hairdresser you may noy be on their list.

karenjc Jan 24th 2005 5:23 pm

What youre talking about is where Vic. govt regional sponsorship where they require less points etc,etc,etc.BUT you can only work in the boonies. OR you can go my route which ic STNI.meaning all of Victoria,and through Vic. govt you only need 70 points if your a hairdresser as theyre badly needed in 3 states. You need approval from Vic. govt. first.Send them yuor c.v. If you not a hairdresser you may noy be on their list.

no i,m not a hairdresser wobbly hands you see, mind you some of the haircuts i,ve had i,m not the only one. were heading to the gold coast as that was the place i really liked the most. good luck with your application darren

mandrew Jan 25th 2005 11:09 am

Thx for your e.mail btw.Just wondering,looks like your assessment was turned down initially,whats happening now?Looka like your doing it again?Andrew.