Tra

Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:04 pm
Shaz 'n' Phil

sharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to all
Default Tra

Hiya,

Were nearly ready to sent off for TRA, my husbands a Joiner. Amongst the threads I have read that even if you pass TRA, it doesnt mean you can automatically get a job. You may have to serve an apprenticeship for two years. Can anyone tell me if this is right, my husband has over 20 years experience and we are hoping to settle in Brisbane.

Thanks

Sharon
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tra

Originally Posted by sharonhartley
Hiya,

Were nearly ready to sent off for TRA, my husbands a Joiner. Amongst the threads I have read that even if you pass TRA, it doesnt mean you can automatically get a job. You may have to serve an apprenticeship for two years. Can anyone tell me if this is right, my husband has over 20 years experience and we are hoping to settle in Brisbane.

Thanks

Sharon
You have to get your skills re-assessed once you get to Oz. Your hubby may be required to attend a TAFE course. It shouldn't take 2 years though. More likely a few months. Your hubby can work under someone elses licence, but it will probably be on a lower wage for a while.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:22 pm
Shaz 'n' Phil

sharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to allsharonhartley is a name known to all
Default Re: Tra

Originally Posted by WendyC
You have to get your skills re-assessed once you get to Oz. Your hubby may be required to attend a TAFE course. It shouldn't take 2 years though. More likely a few months. Your hubby can work under someone elses licence, but it will probably be on a lower wage for a while.

Thanks Wendy that will put Phils mind at rest, he didnt like the thought of having to do a 2 year course, not when we run a successfull business here and all the experience he has got. A few month Im sure he will manage though.

Sharon