British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Tra (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/tra-306276/)

JAR123 Jun 1st 2005 3:34 pm

Tra

Do you have to include existing employer reference when sending off For TRA can it be sent with all previous employers?

May be a mad question but got to ask it.

ohippy Jun 1st 2005 4:39 pm

Re: Tra

Originally Posted by JAR123
Do you have to include existing employer reference when sending off For TRA can it be sent with all previous employers?

My agent has told me that we have to send current employer reference too.

Heather

JAR123 Jun 1st 2005 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by ohippy
My agent has told me that we have to send current employer reference too.

Heather

The reason I ask this question as I asked an agent this question and I was lead to believe it would not be necessary straight away but I was not so sure about this.

jond Jun 1st 2005 10:13 pm

The reason I ask this question as I asked an agent this question and I was lead to believe it would not be necessary straight away but I was not so sure about this.

Hi I did not send referances from my present employer to the TRA, however I did include details of them on my application. Once I passed the TRA DIMIA requested further info about them i.e contracts, wage slips, etc

Hope this helps

John

Alan Collett Jun 1st 2005 11:23 pm

Depends on whether you have sufficient work experience in previous periods of employment ...

Best regards.

JAR123 Jun 2nd 2005 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Depends on whether you have sufficient work experience in previous periods of employment ...

Best regards.

My husband would have approx 16 years experience not including last 7 years with existing employer.
Just trying to see if we could start TRA without laying our cards on the table yet.

chaddyb Jun 3rd 2005 8:37 pm

My husband would have approx 16 years experience not including last 7 years with existing employer.
Just trying to see if we could start TRA without laying our cards on the table yet.

I passed my TRA in DEC 2004 having got 7 years of references over the past 15 years. I've worked all over the country and had loads of employers (I'm sub-contract bricklayer) . So my advice is get all the info you need and there shouldn't be a problem. Also Do it with out an agent it'll cost you allot and get everything certified before you send it. Good luck.

JAR123 Jun 3rd 2005 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by chaddyb
I passed my TRA in DEC 2004 having got 7 years of references over the past 15 years. I've worked all over the country and had loads of employers (I'm sub-contract bricklayer) . So my advice is get all the info you need and there shouldn't be a problem. Also Do it with out an agent it'll cost you allot and get everything certified before you send it. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply.

tommytriggs Jun 3rd 2005 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by chaddyb

hey chaddyb, do me a favour when you get a moment, im a brickie struggling to proove me trade,know any contacts that might want brickies imported? every duck 'n' dive's gonna be needed if im to get to the promised land.....lol, cheers m8 :beer: