Toyota Surf?

Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:50 am
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice
Default Re: Toyota Surf?

Originally Posted by devilishdean
Got a mitsubushi warrior in the UK and am thinking about getting a Toyota Surf when I get to Brisbane. Anyone got one or had one able to tell me if they are any good or your experiences?
The Mitsubishi L200 (Warrior) is available in Oz, it's called the Triton. The Warrior is a spec level of the Mitsubishi L200.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Back2Oz is on a distinguished road

What is the expected mileage or age to expect from a average Landcruiser? I expect to do low milage but lots of weekend camping etc. I was bouncing between a Forrester or a older Cruiser or Pajero... What's the recommendations?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MisterTwo
The Mitsubishi L200 (Warrior) is available in Oz, it's called the Triton. The Warrior is a spec level of the Mitsubishi L200.
Yes it is the l200 but the ones I am seeing on the web dont seem to be the same body shape as the warrior. ie with the body kit etc. They all seem to be a older spec. Or am I missing them.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 11:59 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Back2Oz
What is the expected mileage or age to expect from a average Landcruiser? I expect to do low milage but lots of weekend camping etc. I was bouncing between a Forrester or a older Cruiser or Pajero... What's the recommendations?
Loads is the answer... The diesels go forever, just make sure you change the oil regularly... My petrol 100 series hasn't missed a beat and has just gone past 135k Kms... nothing I know but I expect it to keep going for much longer...
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice

My warrior is only 12 months old but when I get to Oz I am hoping to live mortgage free so I will setle for an older model. Thats why I was looking at the Surf beause 12k seems to buy you a reasonable one.
mitsibushi triton /l200 warrier , loads of them mate!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice

try a nissan partrol, decent one from 7k, exellent offroad massive inside huge boot!!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough

Yes thanks alot I am going to start scouring the websites. I will be there first week in MAy and I cant last lng without wheels.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:04 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Back2Oz
I'm getting 10.7 litres per 100km if that is your question on mileage
(turbo Diesel)
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:31 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Got a mitsubushi warrior in the UK and am thinking about getting a Toyota Surf when I get to Brisbane. Anyone got one or had one able to tell me if they are any good or your experiences?
http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/

Try here mate, this is where I got a lot of my info when I bought mine. After buying a new radiator and new turbo, I'm happy with my Surf...

ZX......
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bello
The surfs are a nice motor, the only thing that puts me off them is the engine options 2.4 diesel td, 3 litre v6 petrol, 2.2 petrol etc when there's all those miles to soak up in such a big country..

hmmm 4.2 litre diesel landcruiser... honestly i'm not a landcruiser sales man lol

m8 i dont mean to be rude to you at all.This is an answer to all these type of best car type threads
Engine size has very little to do with mileage that can be achieved on an engine.
Stop start driving, temperature of the engine, actual production quality,oil changes and number of cylinders. They all mean far more than having a 4.2 or whatever it is. Endless roads are wonderful for any engine.
power to weight ratio comes in to play.
Big engines are usually 'lazy' meaning they have little power compared to the c c of the engine.
American engines are classic examples of this.

Smaller engines are usually 4 cylinders.they and have smaller bearing surface, which means less friction, so they can achieve more power. its this that ultimately limits the high mileage not the cc of the engine.
a japanese motorbike have a massive output per cc but they have roller main bearings to make this possible..
a 2ltr merc, bmw or volvo would do just as many miles as any big engined car but their owners do not want to keep them for that long.

aus and usa have big engines because roads are big and petrol is cheap..
they have them because men want the feel, and the roar..
advertising hype.

Diesel engines are lazy'. They're built heavier and more chunky' with bigger bearing surface to cope with the higher compression ratio that diesel requires.( i did note that you mentioned 4.2 diesel )

Men dont buy cars for the mileage that they can achieve, men buy them so they can talk about them with other men.

Very few of us buy a car we need,most of us buy the car we want.

i shall get my tin hat on now because i can already feel the incoming.

my argument is technical and is about purchase justification.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

I need a big 4 x 4 gas guzzler and thats the end of it. Well thats wot I tell the missus anyway .
Before I had my Warrior I thought 4x4's were a waist of time, but now I am converted. Halleluah.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

I need a big 4 x 4 gas guzzler and thats the end of it. Well thats wot I tell the missus anyway .
Before I had my Warrior I thought 4x4's were a waist of time, but now I am converted. Halleluah.
yes of course

ive had a 4x4 and i might do again.
i dont know if a warrior is any good as such, but i love the look and a crew cab pick up would suit me fine..
hope you find a nice one
Old Apr 7th 2007, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dont get me wrong the only off roading I do is up my drive.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

well you might do a little bit more off roading out there.

better with a banger, so you dont scratch the paint
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:24 am
Just Joined

mercmad is an unknown quantity at this point

Toyota never officially sold surfs here,they are all ex japanese market bombs,many came via New Zealand where the hemi brothers bought them by the tonne.4x4's are getting cheaper daily as people realise they are merely fashion accesories and not practical for city and distance driving in Qld.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.