Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Toyota in recall

Toyota in recall

Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:25 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Toyota in recall

With the recent news of some Toyota vehicles being recalled, it said in the news that Australia was unaffected by the recall.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Off to pick up my car tomorrow and I am a tad nervous, havent been contacted at all Im thinking of phoning up to day to ask.

Rav 4, Yaris to name but two have been recalled, someone said Honda but Im not sure. I am just wondering how or if Toyota vehicles in Australia have been affected.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toyota in recall

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
With the recent news of some Toyota vehicles being recalled, it said in the news that Australia was unaffected by the recall.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Off to pick up my car tomorrow and I am a tad nervous, havent been contacted at all Im thinking of phoning up to day to ask.

Rav 4, Yaris to name but two have been recalled, someone said Honda but Im not sure. I am just wondering how or if Toyota vehicles in Australia have been affected.

Thanks in advance.
What car are you getting?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:30 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
What car are you getting?
Dare I say it..... (whispers quietly) Yaris (YR), automatic, 2008
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Dare I say it..... (whispers quietly) Yaris (YR), automatic, 2008
It doesn't affect yours, but unfortunately it affects mine.

The recall only involves cars built between June 2005 and April 2007

I've had mine for for almost 4 years and this is the 2nd recall!!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

I HEAR ARNIE IS TRYING TO GET IN ON THE ACT!!
Attached Thumbnails Toyota in recall-total_recall_poster.jpg  
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by sassie
It doesn't affect yours, but unfortunately it affects mine.

The recall only involves cars built between June 2005 and April 2007

I've had mine for for almost 4 years and this is the 2nd recall!!
Mine was 'born' in April 2008

What will you do Sassie, do you have to take it to be checked or something?
Old Feb 5th 2010, 3:12 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Toyota Australia Website :-

Wed, 03/02/2010

Toyota Australia wishes to advise that Toyota vehicles it sells in Australia are not affected by the recalls announced overseas.

Accelerator pedals for Toyota vehicles sold in Australia, and those manufactured in Australia for export, are provided by a different supplier.

FAQs

I have heard about the accelerator pedal recall being announced overseas. Are the vehicles in Australia going to be recalled?
No, Toyota vehicles sold in Australia are not affected by the accelerator pedal recalls announced overseas.

Why are Toyota vehicles in Australia not affected by the recall announced overseas?
Accelerator pedals for Toyota vehicles sold in Australia, and those manufactured in Australia for export, are provided by a different supplier to another design.

I have a concern with my vehicle, who can I contact to discuss this?
Please contact the Toyota Customer Experience Centre on 1800 252 097.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 3:14 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

The only model which may be recalled for a software update may be the Prius 2010 model which was manufactured before January 2010. This is unconnected to the accelerator issue overseas and has to do with the timing of the regenerative braking system and traditional friction breaking system over potholes and so forth.

Toyota have yet to formally announce the recall in Australia.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was 'born' in April 2008

What will you do Sassie, do you have to take it to be checked or something?
No, it looks like vehicles in Australia are not effected, but what normally happens is Toyota sends out a letter and invites you to take your vehicle to your local dealer to have it checked out.