Toy shops in Oz

Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Toy shops in Oz

I want to look up the price of children's outdoor swing/ slide play equipment. Does anyone know of any good sites?

We have a large ELC activity centre and are debating whether to take it or not. It all depends on the price of new ones out there.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Toys R Us are here. Other than that K-Mart, Target, Big W etc all have toy sections.

We took our climbing frame but it's stuck in the shed cos we haven't got a big enough grass area to put it on now. Unless I put it on the front lawn. Have had to resort to the swing on the front!!!

They range of toys available is not as large as in Uk. Probably cos they are supposed to be out in the fresh air (huh! I wish)

Happy shopping
Diane
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Diane

Do Toys r us have a baby bit like they do here. I looked on line but surprise. surprise no website!

Lynn
Old Aug 19th 2003, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I looked up www.toysrus.com.au and all i got was a recruitment site. Does anyone know their website address?

Yes Lynn the babies r us is fantastic over here. I know they have huge warehouse ones in the States as that is where we bought most of our baby stuff. We even brought a huge cot-bed back!!
I don't know if they have them in Aus.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I can't find a website except for the job one!! How bizarre!

I think they have a baby bit but can't swear to it. There are quite a lot of baby places here. Baby on a Budget seems okay and the big stores have baby departments too.

diane
Old Aug 20th 2003, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

I'd say if in doubt bring it! Quality is probably better. We're in WA so can't comment on sunshine coast but gardens tend to be smaller here but there are heaps of play parks (gross over generalisation I suppose, but all the houses we've looked at have smaller gardens than our UK one). I'd bet it'll be cheaper to bring the one you've got than buy a new one, as long as it's immaculately clean and flat packs.

Loopy
Old Aug 20th 2003, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

They have masses of wooden cubby houses and outdoor equipment/assult type courses - try DIY type places as they tend to be more permanent structures in gardens here. Buy a cubby house for between $500-$1000.

Mash...

Originally posted by Loopy
I'd say if in doubt bring it! Quality is probably better. We're in WA so can't comment on sunshine coast but gardens tend to be smaller here but there are heaps of play parks (gross over generalisation I suppose, but all the houses we've looked at have smaller gardens than our UK one). I'd bet it'll be cheaper to bring the one you've got than buy a new one, as long as it's immaculately clean and flat packs.

Loopy
Old Aug 20th 2003, 11:49 pm
Carol in Oz

Default Re: Toy shops in Oz

Originally posted by tinaj
I want to look up the price of children's outdoor swing/ slide play equipment. Does anyone know of any good sites?

We have a large ELC activity centre and are debating whether to take it or not. It all depends on the price of new ones out there.
Have a look at these

www.hills.com.au click on the home and hardware products

www.toyworld.com.au they only seem to have their advertised specials on the site at the moment ( no swing sets) but there is a link to all their stores and email facilities to maybe ask prices etc

Carol

Old Aug 21st 2003, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

I looked for the Toys R Us website some while back and had no luck either. But if you type in the name on the www.yellow pages.com.au website it does at least show you the locations. Here in WA we have four stores, located in Cannington, Morley, Joondalup, and right in the centre of the city on Hay Street, Perth. I've been to both the Cannington and Perth stores, neither as big as our local one in UK, but still a good size. I'm pretty certain they had Babies R Us sections. The one in Perth is right amongst the shops in the shopping centre which seemed odd because in the UK they are generally on an out-of-town retail park, and there is a loading bay round the back which you can drive to if you buy heavy items.

We have a small ToyWorld here in Mandurah, but it's really expensive, there is just as much variety (and better prices) in our local K-Mart and BigW stores. Nearer to Xmas time, both stores post bumper leaflets in your postbox showing toys, party clothes, etc for the festive season, handy for the kids to compile their letter to Santa!

You do see a lot of cubby houses here, we had one in the UK but there were always spiders lurking in it, so apart from the fact that our garden isn't big enough (the pool takes up so much room LOL) it would need to be super-treated with insect repellent before the kids would go anywhere near it!