Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Townsville: Rednecks and Military??????

Townsville: Rednecks and Military??????

Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Townsville: Rednecks and Military??????

Jim/Trish

Just prob in Townsville now on evenings of 14th,15th and 16th August..appreciate these are not weekend nights but hopefully a beer can still be arranged..maybe on the Thursday night?????

Look forward to meeting you..love the piccie of Boomer..showed Storm it..said he fancied her..have told him not to get any funny ideas!!!
Liz
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:59 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
im counting on you popping in soonest...with the mad bix crowd too
I've already told work that I'd like a long weekend around the end of April. Does that sound like a good time to you?

Hope to meet you really soon whatever happens and you too Ireland, and any other Townsvillains (or whatever you're called) too!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Hi RabC
We have been thinking about Saunders Beach ...isn't it a nudist beach though..not sure if I fancy that first thing in the morning just after ny breakfast!!!!!!! How long does it take to get there from Townsville and are there shops, restaurants etc there??

The new houses around Bushland Beach area look nice..pretty good prices too.

Had a long chat with potential new boss last night..I have just graduated and in Australia they are far more advanced with their sports podiatry/biomechanics training...so i have to do another course over here before I go..we are visiting in August and not back till Septemebr so by the time the visa was in place and worse case scenario being 6-8 months (as it is sponsored should be pretty quick) then I have September to March to do a post graduate course..more expense but at least I won't look like I know nothing when I start there!!!

Hope to see you for a beer in Townsville in August. We are now coming for 3 nights seeing as we are thinking about making it our home...
Nudist Beach! We take the dog up there for a walk and the only thing we have every seen waving in the wind is his tail

God only knows where that came from! Saunders Beach is about 25-30 mins from the centre of Townsville and is stunning. It's very small and there is only a basic shop there and a big petrol station down the road that sells everything. It's out of the way living and not developed in the same way as Bushland Beach. The prices have gone mad here. It is a lovely spot though.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I've already told work that I'd like a long weekend around the end of April. Does that sound like a good time to you?

Hope to meet you really soon whatever happens and you too Ireland, and any other Townsvillains (or whatever you're called) too!
sounds fab tony, it will be excellent to meet up and see the bix's too.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Jim/Trish

Just prob in Townsville now on evenings of 14th,15th and 16th August..appreciate these are not weekend nights but hopefully a beer can still be arranged..maybe on the Thursday night?????

Look forward to meeting you..love the piccie of Boomer..showed Storm it..said he fancied her..have told him not to get any funny ideas!!!
Liz
well storm better be on his best behaviour, boomie is still young and impressionable...and of course, shes a lady!
look forward to seeing you
Trish
Old Mar 21st 2007, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Trisah, Boomer will fancy Storm anyway..he is so handsome and very muscly with bug green eyes...bless!!! She will be 2 by the time we get out there!!!!

Hope you well. Have booked our flight to Townsville..flying out from Brisbane on 14th August...get there about 10.30 a.m..got a car hired for 9 days...spending 3 nights on Townsville..if you fancy a drink on the Thursday night..or food and drink??? Spending wednesday and thursday morning at the podiatry practice to get a feel for how they work..very different from over here..see if I like it..and more importantly if the boss thinks I am good enough..then hopefully all systems go in September with the visa application.!! Thinking of putting house on market and testing the waters...we are both goingt o be working over Sheffield way from June so may as well try to sell, rent and save some dosh towards emigrating..

Speak soon
Lizx
Old Mar 21st 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trish
meant to say BIG green eyes...makes storm sound like an alien (bug green!!).
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Trish
meant to say BIG green eyes...makes storm sound like an alien (bug green!!).

did get a strange vision of an alien dog then.....
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Bert is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I'm a new member to this site. I saw with interest all your comments about Townsville. I'm moving there in September. A few random questions:

Kids will be aged 13 and 9 - is TGS the best school?

Can you recommend a good suburb to live.

CHeers

Bert
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

RabC..read the saunders beach nudist bit on the internet..will have to find the link as quite amusing!! glad to hear it isn't..must have been a convention on the beach there for a few days or nudists day trip out!!!
Liz
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

RabC..read the saunders beach nudist bit on the internet..will have to find the link as quite amusing!! glad to hear it isn't..must have been a convention on the beach there for a few days or nudists day trip out!!!
Liz
Liz

nudists are quite partial to stripping off at the top end of pallarenda, cape pallarenda.....quite amusing if boomer whizzes straight through them....i never know where to look!!