Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Townsville Recce Trip

Townsville Recce Trip

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:40 am
Just Joined

T8HK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Townsville Recce Trip

I know a few people are moving to Townsville this year and may not have seen many photo's of the place. To help them re-affirm why they are taking the trouble to make that move I have posted some pictures I took during my recce trip last August.

I had the use of my MD's car so decided to take some pictures of the Strand, town centre and some suburbs. I also took some pictures of the show flats in Fairfield Waters.

We arrive there this weekend and are looking forward to making new friends as soon as possible. We are also available to offer advice and support to anyone thinking of moving to this beautiful place.

Hope you enjoy the pics. http://new.photos.yahoo.com/adrian_teal/albums

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

clenk is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Townsville Recce Trip

Hi Adrian we are also moving to Townsville, Thuringowa area just got our case officer so hope fully it wont be too long now
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Townsville Recce Trip

Fantastic pictures, looks like a lovely place
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Love your photos. Worked in Townsville in 1997 - bought back some hazy memories
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

pasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to all

Adrian, what lovely pictures. Sometimes I can't believe I live somewhere like this!

Good luck to you with the trip and look forward to meeting you when you have settled in.

Sara
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

soldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by T8HK
I know a few people are moving to Townsville this year and may not have seen many photo's of the place. To help them re-affirm why they are taking the trouble to make that move I have posted some pictures I took during my recce trip last August.

I had the use of my MD's car so decided to take some pictures of the Strand, town centre and some suburbs. I also took some pictures of the show flats in Fairfield Waters.

We arrive there this weekend and are looking forward to making new friends as soon as possible. We are also available to offer advice and support to anyone thinking of moving to this beautiful place.

Hope you enjoy the pics. http://new.photos.yahoo.com/adrian_teal/albums

Cheers,

Adrian
Hi

My father moved there 2 years ago and Id never seen what it was like before now.
Excellent photos and a lovely place

Cheers Mark
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

great piccies we're moving to townsville so it was really nice to see them. We haven't actually been as we went to cairns on our reccie but from everything we've seen and heard it looks great. Can't wait to move just wish the house would hurry up and sell.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Townsville Photos

Hi
What great photos of Townsville. it looks lovely. Living in Manchester at the moment and have been offered a job there and they are willing to sponsor my work visa so great to have more photos to give an idea of what its like..the tourist piccies dont give you that info....

We have been told there are loads of squaddies there..but I would imagine that depends where you drink doesn't it?? I have lived in places in England near Army bases and it hasn't bothered me!! Have been also told the beaches ar more like mudflaps but again they look nice on your photos. Whe you live in Manchester any beach would be paradise!! i think I will make my own mind up in August when I visit Cairns..i will travel down and spend a few days in Townsville. can anyone give me an idea how long the drive is from cairns to Townsville??? Any recommendations of where to stay the night which will be near wine bars etc??

many thanks.
Liz
Old Mar 12th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Townsville

Hey Jules,
Where are you in manchester??? See you are also moving to Townsville. Are you likely to be there by August?? We are visiting in August so I can meet my potential new boss there and ecide if we get the right feel for the place to live.

Good luck with the moving process...we also have a house to sell..what a tie!!!
Liz
Old Mar 12th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

hi
We live in Droylsden at the minute. we are hoping to be there by end of July. We have to be there by sep 20th to validate the visa. Just had a couple of viewings for the house but had a crap offer which we rejected. I am hoping it will be soon though - far too stressful. Just want to get over there now.

Good luck with your application and house sale.

Jules
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi
We are in Hyde so only round the corner!! Have you been to Townsville?? I have heard a mixed bag about it from being lovely to being full of rednecks and squaddies..we are undecided!!! Please let us know if you have visited.
regards
Liz
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

hello again, we haven't actually been to Townsville but from all our research and comments on this forum we cant wait to see it for ourselves. Not worried about rednecks or squaddies but it obviously really worries you so all I can suggest is you go and make your own opinions. I think you can get ignorant people in all areas and sometimes you just have to live your life and ignore what other people think. Maybe you could come to the meet in Bolton (see the meet forum) and then you could speak to other people who have been to other areas.

Jules
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Townsville Photos

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Hi
What great photos of Townsville. it looks lovely. Living in Manchester at the moment and have been offered a job there and they are willing to sponsor my work visa so great to have more photos to give an idea of what its like..the tourist piccies dont give you that info....

We have been told there are loads of squaddies there..but I would imagine that depends where you drink doesn't it?? I have lived in places in England near Army bases and it hasn't bothered me!! Have been also told the beaches ar more like mudflaps but again they look nice on your photos. Whe you live in Manchester any beach would be paradise!! i think I will make my own mind up in August when I visit Cairns..i will travel down and spend a few days in Townsville. can anyone give me an idea how long the drive is from cairns to Townsville??? Any recommendations of where to stay the night which will be near wine bars etc??

many thanks.
Liz
www.whereis.com.au reckons 349 km and 4 hours Townsville-Cairns
Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Jules
I will look up the meet forum and see when it is..may be useful. have had some good pm's sent and not so worried now..I think I have a touch of paranoia..silly really as when welived in the poshest village you could find in Hampshire we had awful abuse from a 60 year old woman who ruined our lives for 6 months..was our landlady unfortunately. !!

Hope to see you soon
Liz
Old Mar 13th 2007, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Me again,
Well..I may be changing my mind about Townsville!!! I have just been looking at property in Fairfield waters and think i want to live there..NOW!! havn't looked before as just assumed it wouldn't be affordable but as we will both be on a good wage then we can afford to live there...easy access to Townsville but far enough out for peace and quiet. yes, I am truly coming around and we are going to check it out in August along with Riverside Gardens and pallarenda..anyone live in pallarenda?? whats it like??

Thanks for all of your help putting my mind to rest..
Liz

Will try and make the 01st April meet in Bolton..only up the road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.