Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Townsville, Mackay or Rockhampton

Wikiposts

Townsville, Mackay or Rockhampton

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future
Question Townsville, Mackay or Rockhampton

Hi everyone,

i have posted already on here asking about Townsville, but i am struggling to find suitable work there.

So i am now in search of different areas on the Queensland coast that are reasonably priced areas to live, where i can also find work. Maybe Mackay or Rockhampton but i still haven't given up on Townsville.

I am an engineer (manual miller & CNC machinist)

If anybody knows anything that can help or give info that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Tony
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 8:51 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Townsville, Mackay or Rockhampton

Originally Posted by SonjaNTony
Hi everyone,

i have posted already on here asking about Townsville, but i am struggling to find suitable work there.

So i am now in search of different areas on the Queensland coast that are reasonably priced areas to live, where i can also find work. Maybe Mackay or Rockhampton but i still haven't given up on Townsville.

I am an engineer (manual miller & CNC machinist)

If anybody knows anything that can help or give info that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Tony
Hi Tony
I live on the coast(Yeppoon) which is 30km from Rockhampton, we love it here in Yeppoon, Rocky is a bit too big for us, but thats where we go for the big shops and hubby works there. We are building a 4 bedroom house at the moment costing us in the region of $325K thats for house and land, renting a 4 bed house at the mo for $260 a week......give u an idea of costs here....Rockhampton is cheaper.

If you want...send me a copy of ur cv and I will see if there are many jobs in ur field. Do you have any mining experience? loads of those kinda jobs here.

If you have any questions about the area give me a shout
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:17 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by biggy
Hi Tony
I live on the coast(Yeppoon) which is 30km from Rockhampton, we love it here in Yeppoon, Rocky is a bit too big for us, but thats where we go for the big shops and hubby works there. We are building a 4 bedroom house at the moment costing us in the region of $325K thats for house and land, renting a 4 bed house at the mo for $260 a week......give u an idea of costs here....Rockhampton is cheaper.

If you want...send me a copy of ur cv and I will see if there are many jobs in ur field. Do you have any mining experience? loads of those kinda jobs here.

If you have any questions about the area give me a shout
Hi biggy

I was wondering if you could advise, if you have the knowledge the demand for office based staff. I have over 16 years experience in office support, up to PA/Exec support to Board Level, but happy bunny to be stuffing envelopes, reception even cleaning loos! Done it all!!!!

Thank you
Merlot

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:19 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

townsville, townsville, townsville.

rocky is a s**thole, and i always avoid it at all costs.
mackay is not much better...