Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Townsville General Hospital

Townsville General Hospital

Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

smog73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Townsville General Hospital

I worked in the TGH in 1998-1999 when it was in Norh Ward. I realise it has relocated but what has happened to the old site? Just out of interest can anyone tell me what has become of the land- it had one of the best views of Maggie-I can remember many a time being amazed at the view when I was working in the oncology unit. I take it all the shops on gregory st are the same. Just being nosey as everytime I think of returning I remember that view.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

pasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to all
Default Re: Townsville General Hospital

Originally Posted by smog73
I worked in the TGH in 1998-1999 when it was in Norh Ward. I realise it has relocated but what has happened to the old site? Just out of interest can anyone tell me what has become of the land- it had one of the best views of Maggie-I can remember many a time being amazed at the view when I was working in the oncology unit. I take it all the shops on gregory st are the same. Just being nosey as everytime I think of returning I remember that view.

It is currently being renovated as residential units with some new buildings for both residential and commercial.

Gregory Street has undergone some streetscape improvements, but is still a mix of shops and restaurants.

The Seaview Hotel is soon to be redeveloped for a building up to eight storeys.

Sara
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

smog73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Townsville General Hospital

Thanks for the reply- we always thought it would be a great place to have apartments. Its always funny to imagine things changing when you have left somewhere.