Townsville

Old May 13th 2009, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Babydub77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Townsville

Just wondering if any Brits could give me aome advice on moving to Townsville. I am undecided... should I make the move. I have a job offer from The Mater Hospital. Any info would be appreciated.
Old May 13th 2009, 4:10 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all
Default Re: Townsville

Originally Posted by Babydub77
Just wondering if any Brits could give me aome advice on moving to Townsville. I am undecided... should I make the move. I have a job offer from The Mater Hospital. Any info would be appreciated.
Yes go if that's what you want to do, life is short.

We are wishing we had done it two years ago another job came up for hubby in Scotland but has not been as good as made out. We are going to try Perth later this year as the jobs in the oil industry in Aberdeen aren't as good as before.

Carol
Old May 13th 2009, 8:44 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it We've been in Townsville for nearly 3 years and love the place.

drdan has posted a few threads with some gorgeous photos around the area, this is one I've found for you

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Dr+Dan
Old May 14th 2009, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Bluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant future

Hi there,

I'm sorry that I can't give you any info on Townsville just yet but ask me again in September and I will be able to tell you all about it as we are upping sticks and moving from a cold and wet Stirling to Townsville in August!!

We are a family of 5, Mum (me), Dad, two boys (14 & 12) and a little girl (3). My hubbie has a job with the Auzzie Army and we couldn't be happier about the whole thing!

Life is very short and if you don't give things a go you could be asking yourself for years to come 'Should I have done it?'

At least we will be able to say 'YES' wether it turned out good or bad at least we gave it a go!

So my advice is 'GO FOR IT!'

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Watch out Townsville here we come ready to start living and having some fun in the sun.
Old May 16th 2009, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bluekim

Watch out Townsville here we come ready to start living and having some fun in the sun.
We have the riot police on standby for when you step off that plane!

John
Old May 16th 2009, 8:02 am
Just Joined

annette5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Bluekim

We are heading that way next year hopefully, if we are successful at interviews in august. Townsville is where they have earmarked for us......we too are a family of 5, so once you are there we will be picking your brains if thats ok!!!!

Good luck and have a blast!!!! have you got your flights booked?

Annette
Old May 16th 2009, 10:05 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Hi there,

I'm sorry that I can't give you any info on Townsville just yet but ask me again in September and I will be able to tell you all about it as we are upping sticks and moving from a cold and wet Stirling to Townsville in August!!

We are a family of 5, Mum (me), Dad, two boys (14 & 12) and a little girl (3). My hubbie has a job with the Auzzie Army and we couldn't be happier about the whole thing!

Life is very short and if you don't give things a go you could be asking yourself for years to come 'Should I have done it?'

At least we will be able to say 'YES' wether it turned out good or bad at least we gave it a go!

Hi Bluekim,

Where about in stirling are you?

It's a small world!

Carol
Old May 16th 2009, 2:21 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi we are heading to Townsville for the new year as long as I pass my exams sell the house etc. I have been offered a grad position at Townsville hospital.
We are a family of 4 and looking at putting the house on market in 6 weeks eek and deciding what to take what to sell etc.
Old May 16th 2009, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

nickperkz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Townsville

Hi All.

Have been in Oz for 12 years - 7 in Townsville and am currently in the process of coming home to the UK. If anyone wants some feedback on Townsville then please email me. All Q,s answered honestly!
We have enjoyed living there. The weather is idyllic from now until Oct ( 9-28) then its 32 everyday but humid! If you want to see what type of house you can buy for your money I can send you a link with a virtual tour of our small 4 bedroomed plus pool just on the market a mile from the hospital. Ive left my wife to sell ( and it will quickly as the market is OK) and move back. Im typing this from Prague where I now work. Ex Mil so I understand the lateral recruitment process as well. Our first home was in Perth followed by Melbourne.
Advice ?
Give it a go.
First trip to Oz is one of lifes great adventures - young kids especially will love it!
Already having reservations about moving back but close family have been missed!
Regards Nick
Old May 17th 2009, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Bluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mabozar
Hi Bluekim,

Where about in stirling are you?

It's a small world!

Carol
Hi Carol,

we are in Annfield Gardens, just around the corner from the Infirmary, why where are you?

Kim.
Old May 17th 2009, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nickperkz
Hi All.

Have been in Oz for 12 years - 7 in Townsville and am currently in the process of coming home to the UK. If anyone wants some feedback on Townsville then please email me. All Q,s answered honestly!
We have enjoyed living there. The weather is idyllic from now until Oct ( 9-28) then its 32 everyday but humid! If you want to see what type of house you can buy for your money I can send you a link with a virtual tour of our small 4 bedroomed plus pool just on the market a mile from the hospital. Ive left my wife to sell ( and it will quickly as the market is OK) and move back. Im typing this from Prague where I now work. Ex Mil so I understand the lateral recruitment process as well. Our first home was in Perth followed by Melbourne.
Advice ?
Give it a go.
First trip to Oz is one of lifes great adventures - young kids especially will love it!
Already having reservations about moving back but close family have been missed!
Regards Nick
Hi Nick

I think that you are just the man we have been looking for!!!
I'd love to hear your story as I think that we might be travelling down the same path.

And I'd also love the link to your house which you have for sale, just to give me an idea to what we have to look forward to.

Many thanks, Kim.
Old May 17th 2009, 3:48 pm
ian

Hi Carol,

we are in Annfield Gardens, just around the corner from the Infirmary, why where are you?

Kim.
We are Lademill across from klondyke garden centre up the hill

Carol
Old May 17th 2009, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

nickperkz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nick

I think that you are just the man we have been looking for!!!
I'd love to hear your story as I think that we might be travelling down the same path.

And I'd also love the link to your house which you have for sale, just to give me an idea to what we have to look forward to.

Many thanks, Kim.
Hi email me via the forum with your email and I will forward the link and answer any Q, s that you have. Our journey has been a colourful one so "My story" would take a while to tell
Regards Nick
Old May 17th 2009, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Nicole Arnold will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

Hi we 2 are moving to Townsville hopefully in July, we are a family of 3 and oh has a job to go to.

We have just sold the house but it has taken 6 months and we have had to drop the price by £20,000 in that time to secure a sale.

All sounds like fun although so am looking forward to it even if I am a little nervous at handing my notice in at work at the end of this month!!!
Old May 17th 2009, 8:37 pm
ian

Originally Posted by Nicole Arnold
Hi we 2 are moving to Townsville hopefully in July, we are a family of 3 and oh has a job to go to.

We have just sold the house but it has taken 6 months and we have had to drop the price by £20,000 in that time to secure a sale.

All sounds like fun although so am looking forward to it even if I am a little nervous at handing my notice in at work at the end of this month!!!
Well done!

Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.