Townsville

Old Feb 11th 2005, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future
Default Townsville

Hi
Anyone going to Townsville,
im trying to get as much info as i can
Thanks
SonjaNTony
Old Feb 11th 2005, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

biscuit63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Townsville

Originally Posted by SonjaNTony
Hi
Thanks
SonjaNTony

Sonja

I have several friends in Townsville and some going in the next few months. What info are you after and why Townsville?
Old Feb 11th 2005, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi were off to townsville end july/aug this year, got quite a few pics on it and have made friends there via this forum.
if we can help at all pm me.
cheers

Trish
Old Feb 12th 2005, 1:18 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Hi
Thanks
SonjaNTony
Hi we have lived in Townsville for nearly 10 months now after moving from London, we have found it a fantastic place, realy friendly people, nice lifestyle, the strand beach is beautifull, and best of all no traffic jams!

Lots of things to do with kids, water parks, bbq, saltwaterpool, large parks all along the beachfront and all free,
we didn't know too much aboutthe place before we moved here, but took a chance and are loving it, have made lots of friends, some from this site, and others just socially
Old Feb 12th 2005, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

SonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant futureSonjaNTony has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rob&lucy
Hi we have lived in Townsville for nearly 10 months now after moving from London, we have found it a fantastic place, realy friendly people, nice lifestyle, the strand beach is beautifull, and best of all no traffic jams!

Lots of things to do with kids, water parks, bbq, saltwaterpool, large parks all along the beachfront and all free,
we didn't know too much aboutthe place before we moved here, but took a chance and are loving it, have made lots of friends, some from this site, and others just socially
Thank you everyone,
We are hoping to move out to Townsville sometime this year,after so many months trying to decide where to go.
My main concern was if there was something for the kids to do (the water parks sound great) as does the no traffic jams
My husband Tony is an engineer there seems to be a few jobs available for him in Townsville,
A lad at Tonys workplace has passed through Townsville when he was travelling and said it was beautiful but passing through and living there are very different things.
Im so glad ive found some other people who are either going or living there .
I will probably be asking LOADS of questions so forgive me

Sonja
Old Feb 12th 2005, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Corinna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks
SonjaNTony

Hi SonjyNTony

I´m leaving for Townsville by the end of May. Have been there in 2001 for a few days and immediately loved this beautiful town and the surrounding landscape (rainforrest and outback within a one hour drive).

See you there

Corinna
Old Feb 13th 2005, 5:16 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Corinna
Hi SonjyNTony

I´m leaving for Townsville by the end of May. Have been there in 2001 for a few days and immediately loved this beautiful town and the surrounding landscape (rainforrest and outback within a one hour drive).

See you there

Corinna
Yes Outback and rainforests are amazing, just a short drive and it feels like a holiday again, we are still exploring national parks and waterfalls even after 10 months here, seems as if lots of people are moving up this way.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

owleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud ofowleywoodcat has much to be proud of

Hi All,
I've been lurking on the forum for a while but just had a job offer finalised (as a biologist) so I'm finally de-lurking!
My partner Mike and I should be heading out to Townsville in April if all goes well with the visa application. Initially a temporary long stay visa, but we've been advised to try for permanent visa.

Can't wait - we only passed through Townsville on holiday two years ago, but loved TNQ. Friends have stayed in Townsville twice and liked it - said there was plenty to do. They said it had grown a lot since they first visited about 10 years ago.

We're most looking forward to the outdoor life - we only had two camping trips this summer in the UK (and it poured down on one of them!). Should be plenty of opportunities around Townsville. Also looking forward to the snorkelling from Magnetic Island.

Bye for now,
Cat
Old Feb 19th 2005, 1:38 am
So Happy We could Dance

rains have stopped for the year now and weather is getting slightly cooler, only 31c today, so camping will be on the agenda again very soon, have been out to waterfalls and fresh water creeks recently as the rain has made them fast flowing again, lots of fun in the sunshine,
some sites to check out the place are

www.townsvilleonline.com.au/

/townsvillebulletin.news.com.au/

lots of info on these two sites