Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tourist visa while waiting for 457 LSBV

Tourist visa while waiting for 457 LSBV

Old Dec 18th 2004, 10:16 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tourist visa while waiting for 457 LSBV

Can you apply for a 3 month tourist Visa whilst waiting for a 457 LSBV to come through?

As some may be aware, I have had a few problems with my meds - and was thinking that, as I have booked a flight, whether I could still make use of the flight if the LSBV has not come through by the 10th Jan - going on a Tourist Visa and, when I am aware of the other one being granted - popping over to NZ, and then back to Aus to get it validated.

Don't like a simple life do I?!

Cas
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tourist visa while waiting for 457 LSBV

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Can you apply for a 3 month tourist Visa whilst waiting for a 457 LSBV to come through?

As some may be aware, I have had a few problems with my meds - and was thinking that, as I have booked a flight, whether I could still make use of the flight if the LSBV has not come through by the 10th Jan - going on a Tourist Visa and, when I am aware of the other one being granted - popping over to NZ, and then back to Aus to get it validated.

Don't like a simple life do I?!

Cas
If you're British, you can get an ETA:
http://www.eta.immi.gov.au

You'll need to inform your case officer you are in Australia.

Normally there should not be a problem arriving on an ETA as long as you are a 'genuine visitor' in DIMIA's eyes.

Jeremy