Tourist Visa

Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Question Tourist Visa

My in laws are both early 60's, very active and retired. We will move to Melbourne early next year and they are looking at coming to stay with us twice a year, for 2 to 3 months each stay Is this something they can do, or would this cause a problem due to the frequency and duration of the stays with immigration?

Many Thanks
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:54 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tourist Visa

Cause a problem ? In laws staying with you for 50% of the year, every year ?

I'd say that is a problem I'd rather divorce I think but then having just had my MIL stay for 4 months I may be a little bitter on the subject.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Centurion
Cause a problem ? In laws staying with you for 50% of the year, every year ?

I'd say that is a problem I'd rather divorce I think but then having just had my MIL stay for 4 months I may be a little bitter on the subject.
Someone who understand my concerns, apart from just the visa issue
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:06 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Someone who understand my concerns, apart from just the visa issue
Honestly I would rather divorce and I love my wife very much and more than life itself. I really do feel that is the most unreasonable thing I have heard of.

If they want to stay here 6 months of the year surely they can buy a bloody holiday apartment or something (yes you need approval but thats easy).

Anyhow - best of luck with that. Sincerely rather you than me but joking aside I would really, really consider what you are doing. It sounds OK when you say to people come stay for 4 weeks and then they actually come. Couple of visits later you've spat your dummy out and would rather pay to live in the hotel next time you have visitors from the UK. Imagine 6 months of it....
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Centurion
Honestly I would rather divorce and I love my wife very much and more than life itself. I really do feel that is the most unreasonable thing I have heard of.

If they want to stay here 6 months of the year surely they can buy a bloody holiday apartment or something (yes you need approval but thats easy).

Anyhow - best of luck with that. Sincerely rather you than me but joking aside I would really, really consider what you are doing. It sounds OK when you say to people come stay for 4 weeks and then they actually come. Couple of visits later you've spat your dummy out and would rather pay to live in the hotel next time you have visitors from the UK. Imagine 6 months of it....
I know that during the visits in the first 12 months, they are looking at travelling around Australia and using us as a base, but you are right, it is far too long. We went on holiday we our best friends and their kids for 2 weeks last year and it was hell, I have never been as relieved to get on a flight home and that was just after 2 weeks:curse: Need to have a conversation with the wife about the practicalities of this.