Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Touchpool Session, Mettam's Pool

Touchpool Session, Mettam's Pool

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:55 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Touchpool Session, Mettam's Pool

Tomorrow at 9:30am we're going to have a touchpool session on the beach at Mettam's Pool.

We go in the ocean with our SCUBA gear and grab loads of interesting critters and put them in a touch pool for the youngsters to marvel at.

Feel free to come along if you like.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:01 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Touchpool Session, Mettam's Pool

Originally Posted by renth
Tomorrow at 9:30am we're going to have a touchpool session on the beach at Mettam's Pool.

We go in the ocean with our SCUBA gear and grab loads of interesting critters and put them in a touch pool for the youngsters to marvel at.

Mettam's Pool!

That's where I had swimming lessons as a kiddy.

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:24 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Touchpool Session, Mettam's Pool

My kids are at their swimming lessons then - they would have loved it .
FWIW can you just turn up ?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:12 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
My kids are at their swimming lessons then - they would have loved it .
FWIW can you just turn up ?
sure, just turn up.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:09 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

sure, just turn up.
What time r u there till ?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:33 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by sme
What time r u there till ?
'till about 11.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:13 am
sme
......in the sand !

'till about 11.
Ahhhhwww we'd have loved to have come but swimming lessons until 10.15 so tight for time - maybe next time ???

I bet the kids loved it !
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:30 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Mettam's Pool!

That's where I had swimming lessons as a kiddy.

me too, also known as wankers by the surfers... We used to have the old old kiosk at trigg...Do you remember that too vash, it was in the first lifesaving club near the island... Ah memories.. Suzette.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

'till about 11.
Fantastic - we went to the Marmion one last year. The kids loved it.

We'll be there.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 9:57 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Fantastic - we went to the Marmion one last year. The kids loved it.

We'll be there.
it was yesterday, sorry i should have made it more clear in the origial post.

it was a great success though.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

it was yesterday, sorry i should have made it more clear in the origial post.

it was a great success though.
Bloody hell - I just had the kids ready with beach gear on. Just about to leave and checked your thread. Just spent the last 10 minutes calming the youngest down because she was in floods of tears!!

My fault - should have checked the date.

We now have to make our own touch pool later to make it up to her.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 1:57 am
(It's not my real name)

Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

can you go out diving today and bring us back an octopus, a cuttlefish, one of those twirly things and a fish?

Drop em off at the southern end of Watermans.

Cheers
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:06 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
can you go out diving today and bring us back an octopus, a cuttlefish, one of those twirly things and a fish?

Drop em off at the southern end of Watermans.

Cheers
We did find a MASSIVE sea hare - it was like a giant garden slug, and I mean giant, you needed 2 hands to lift it.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

We did find a MASSIVE sea hare - it was like a giant garden slug, and I mean giant, you needed 2 hands to lift it.
Can you eat it?

We've just got back from Waterman's. Went swimming with the eldest and when we got back to the beach the 4 year old had made a touch pool on the beach bless her. Had to explain that the water wouldn't stay in it but we managed to get a piece of seaweed, a shell and a sea anenome.