Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Totally OT but Microsoft Word query

Totally OT but Microsoft Word query

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Totally OT but Microsoft Word query

I know someone will moan that this has nothing to do with Australia but in my convoluted mind it has - anyway - when in a word document and you have set smallest margins possible it says "are you sure" type thing - you say yes. When you come to print the damn thing asks every time if you want to print outside the perimeters. Is there anyway of shutting that query off, it is driving me round the bend
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:36 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of
Default Re: Totally OT but Microsoft Word query

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I know someone will moan that this has nothing to do with Australia but in my convoluted mind it has - anyway - when in a word document and you have set smallest margins possible it says "are you sure" type thing - you say yes. When you come to print the damn thing asks every time if you want to print outside the perimeters. Is there anyway of shutting that query off, it is driving me round the bend
asked the geeky comp wifey and as far as she is awhere you can't turn it off
just a microsloth feature
sir les
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
asked the geeky comp wifey and as far as she is awhere you can't turn it off
just a microsloth feature
sir les
Oh poo!
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:58 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anyway of shutting that query off
Set your margins properly

I'm not aware of any way to switch this feature off.
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by wmoore
Set your margins properly

I'm not aware of any way to switch this feature off.
Not helpful but thanks anyway
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:16 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Not helpful but thanks anyway
In all seriousness I'm pretty sure you can't stop that message appearing.

Without boring too many people ... it's because most printers cannot print on every last millimetre of paper so the printer driver (bit of software you'll most likely load from a CD when you first get the printer) tells Word what the minimum margin it can use is and Word pops up with that message if you try to print outside that range.
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

In all seriousness I'm pretty sure you can't stop that message appearing.

Without boring too many people ... it's because most printers cannot print on every last millimetre of paper so the printer driver (bit of software you'll most likely load from a CD when you first get the printer) tells Word what the minimum margin it can use is and Word pops up with that message if you try to print outside that range.
But even a bear with my limited brain remembers after a three prints that it is outside the area, why can't the sodding computer. God I hate Bill Gates
Old May 24th 2005, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

If Wayne says it's doubtful....it must be doubtful.

But try asking in the Lounge.
Some real hots on the PC in there.
Old May 24th 2005, 10:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
If Wayne says it's doubtful....it must be doubtful.

But try asking in the Lounge.
Some real hots on the PC in there.
OI.....get back to your TV woman....that was my post

Keep telling you to log off don't I
Old May 24th 2005, 11:52 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Bix
OI.....get back to your TV woman....that was my post

Keep telling you to log off don't I
Now now! No need for a domestic
Old May 24th 2005, 12:01 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Now now! No need for a domestic
Tis okay now.

She sneaks on here when I'm not about but doesn't log off so I end up posting in her name you see.
Old May 24th 2005, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Tis okay now.

She sneaks on here when I'm not about but doesn't log off so I end up posting in her name you see.
Thats what happens when you spend 20 minutes in the toilet

JTL
Old May 24th 2005, 12:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Bix
Tis okay now.

It's your feminine, caring side coming out. Suits you
Old May 24th 2005, 12:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

It's your feminine, caring side coming out. Suits you
The only feminine side I have is when I'm holding Da Boss around the waist.
Old May 24th 2005, 12:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Bix
The only feminine side I have is when I'm holding Da Boss around the waist.
Awwww, so cute. Are you purring whilst holding

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.