Totally Lost

Old Jul 9th 2005, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

fings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to beholdfings is a splendid one to behold
Angry Totally Lost

hi there exellent forum but im a bit lost as to were to start
Want to go to perth area my job is a composite laminator/fibreglass laminator have 22 yrs experience
my wife is a hairdresser got 22years experience with city guilds etc
she has been self employed since 1986 but only have books up till 1999
since then has only done family & friends hair due to having 2 kids but has kept up to date with all styles & cutting techniques
heard that hairdressers are on skills visa seen on sites etc but spoke to agent in london he says need 1yrs books to prove
Want a agent nearer to home northwest lancs any recommened to me would help
sorry for the babble but seeing all these 1393 ,139 visa numbers is totally confusing
forgot to put she has worked for last 3 yrs in salon for friend who said willing to write letter that worked for them will that help

Last edited by fings; Jul 9th 2005 at 1:48 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 1:38 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Totally Lost

Originally Posted by fings
Want to go to perth area my job is a composite laminator/fibreglass laminator have 22 yrs experience
since then has only done family & friends hair due to having 2 kids but has kept up to date with all styles & cutting techniques
heard that hairdressers are on skills visa seen on sites etc but spoke to agent in london he says need 1yrs books to prove
sorry for the babble but seeing all these 1393 ,139 visa numbers is totally confusing
Not sure about an answer to your problem ... hopefully someone will be able to help .... just wanted to say "welcome"

Also try doing a search on hairdressing as there have many posts about different things that may be helpful.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:27 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Hi There
Think you may need more than a letter, we where asked very close to the end of our application for tax proof, eg p60's to prove employment, unless she suddenly declares the last 12 months and does a tax return don't quite know how to get around it.

Hope you get some good advice.
jenny
Old Jul 9th 2005, 10:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fings
forgot to put she has worked for last 3 yrs in salon for friend who said willing to write letter that worked for them will that help

If she has not worked as a hairdresser recently then you will probably find she does not meet the DIMIA requirements for recent work experience (check this on the DIMIA website).

Don't even *think* about providing fasle evidence as they do follow up on references.

If she got a TRA skill assessment then maybe an Australian employer could sponsor her for a visa. Or she could get back into the workforce for a while. Or maybe your skills might be enough to get a visa.

Get professional advice on your options as your case is not simple. Ask for recommendations on an agent to use.

Jeremy