Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Total Loss Insurance

Total Loss Insurance

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:10 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Total Loss Insurance

Does anyone have any good links for "total loss" insurance providers?

Since I'm packing myself it seems as if damage, breakages, 'derangement' etc. aren't covered. Packing/unpacking isn't covered either. Anything stolen by customs looks unlikely to be covered either (unless you create a stupidly detailed inventory AND get it checked). Therefore it seems stupid to pay for anything other than "it goes over the side".

Oh, and what the hell is the point of an insurance company if they don't cover 99% of possibilities via the small print?
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Total Loss Insurance

Try letton percival. I have just had a pay out for bedroom furniture damaged somewhere between the UK and Perth.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:35 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Try letton percival. I have just had a pay out for bedroom furniture damaged somewhere between the UK and Perth.
Thanks, but they claim not to do it. They then go on to detail what they won't pay out for, which makes their policy almost a total loss policy, but with higher cost. Oh, and a 1% excess on any claim as well.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

hhhmmm, I insured £60,000 worth of contents with them. My excess was £250. My bedroom furniture was damaged and they've paid out to have the whole lot replaced including the items not damaged because I was able to confirm they are all part of a matching set.