Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tossing in the night!

Tossing in the night!

Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:07 pm
Sydney bound!

JF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the rough
Default Tossing in the night!

Has anyone any experience of using portable/mini air conditioning units??

We're off to Sydney in November and are trawling through the online estate agents for rental property. The thing is, none of them state whether they have air con or not. Is this because they all do and therefore no point saying so or because they don't have it? My guess is the latter but would love it to be the former!

Hence the question about mini units - do they do the job good enough?

We received our visas last month and have been out celebrating ever since! But now its time to sort out the nuts and bolts!

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:21 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tossing in the night!

Originally Posted by JF²

We're off to Sydney in November and are trawling through the online estate agents for rental property. The thing is, none of them state whether they have air con or not. Is this because they all do and therefore no point saying so or because they don't have it? My guess is the latter but would love it to be the former!

We received our visas last month and have been out celebrating ever since! But now its time to sort out the nuts and bolts!

Thanks in anticipation.
Sorry dont know the answer to your question, but just wanted to say brilliant title for a thread
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JF²

Thanks in anticipation.
sorry cant answer your question,but WHAT A TITLE this si a thred that ll get alot of hits,lol.

tracey
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:24 pm
Sydney bound!

JF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scissors
sorry cant answer your question,but WHAT A TITLE this si a thred that ll get alot of hits,lol.

tracey

Perverts - the lot of you!!!!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: :scared:
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:25 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JF²
great minds eh Scissors!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JF²

Thanks in anticipation.

sorry - i was simply intrigued by the title!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JF²

tosser!!!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:22 pm
Sydney bound!

Originally Posted by Rooksie
tosser!!!
I know, which is why I'm seeking help from other tossers out there!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JF²

Thanks in anticipation.
I can't see you getting a genuine answer now, not with a thread title like that.

I'll give it a quick go though, we were told at Harvey Normans to ignore the mini units, as they were rubbish, get a big fan instead.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:33 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I can't see you getting a genuine answer now, not with a thread title like that.
Cheers,
JTL
LOL Jack
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:37 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JF²

Thanks in anticipation.
If they don't have it they won't mention it. Air con is a plus and not every rental has it for sure.

Buy a water cooled evaporator air-con would be best bet (you have to top up with water regularly though but it keeps the temp well down).

Otherwise get a couple of 40cm to 50cm 3 speed fans. They cost from $20 to $100 each dependingon materials made of , where you buy etc. i bought my 40cm for $21.95 at woolworths.

You want one for the living room(lounge) and one for the bedroom. other options may include getting oyster fan/lighting.

Check it out when you get here.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 3:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by JF²
I know, which is why I'm seeking help from other tossers out there!
LOL. Just remember tossers=wankers over here
Old Mar 26th 2005, 4:00 pm
Sydney bound!

Originally Posted by kiwichild
LOL. Just remember tossers=wankers over here
ROFL! Thanks kiwichild!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 5:46 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JF²

Thanks in anticipation.
Hiya JF²],

we have one in the UK.
It was ace in the summer, dropped the room temp without a problem
You just need to put the end that gives off the hot air out the window.
Helps you sleep no problem, our baby loved it.

Not that it had that much use in the UK

Bye
Mark