Reload this Page >

Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Wikiposts

Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:53 pm
Reticent Member

she'llberight is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
This is getting more and more confusing.....

"She'll be right" feels that she was called a T******

I read that it was stated that she was one of the ones who voted that they were T*****'s.

Yet i've also read that she didn't call anyone a T**, and isn't one herself.

I give up, I can't follow it....

Maybe it's best to drop the subject now.

Yes please.......
Old Jun 15th 2004, 10:00 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Simone
Yes, that's me. Can't help it, sorry!

Lettuce... Anyone want to know the price here?
HAven't discussed that yet!!
Can't do lettuce, but cabbages are 3 for $1 at my local supermarket right now.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 10:08 pm
ABCDiamond

Cos lettuce goes best in a Tossed salad

Tossed Salad with grilled Peaches and Cous Cous

mixed salad leaves (baby spinach, rocket, cos lettuce etc)
snow peas, ends removed and sliced into 2mm slices
1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
bean Shoots

4 ripe peaches, sliced and stone removed
Colonial Specialty Foods Sweet Mango and Curry Salad Dressing
1 cup cooked cous cous

Old Jun 15th 2004, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
Can't do lettuce, but cabbages are 3 for $1 at my local supermarket right now.
you'll be confusing people now with the $US and $AUD!!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

bean Shoots

1 cup cooked cous cous
This forum has gone from 'Hell's Kitchen" to 'Cooking with Delia Smith'
Old Jun 15th 2004, 10:31 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
This forum has gone from 'Hell's Kitchen" to 'Cooking with Delia Smith'
But is it the Summer Collection or the Winter Collection we're quoting from?
Old Jun 15th 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Don`t know what collection but i will certainly be trying the recipe from ABC at the weekend

footie x
Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:07 am
Phoenixuk2oz

bean Shoots

1 cup cooked cous cous
Hey........I'm an expert salad Tosser........ if that helps

Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Hey........I'm an expert salad Tosser........ if that helps
My wife thinks I'm a lazy tosser.....
Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:33 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Innyjim
My wife thinks I'm a lazy tosser.....

Know one or two of them sorts as well

Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:54 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tosser, Me? Well Thanks a lot

Originally posted by janeyray
Just been catching up on whats been happening since I've been off air and it seems I'am a tosser?

OH

Thanks a lot

Is this because our new life in Oz didn't work? Is this because 'my' adventure and the want for a better life didn't work out?

I thought I was just like you...wanting something more out of life and looking forward to starting a new life down under?

Just because it didn't work out for me and my family does it mean I'am a tosser? When I give examples of 'our' life in OZ and they don't come up to your expectaions does it make me a tosser?

It saddens me that people don't think we tried to make it work, do you think we went to all that trouble to move just to return 16 months later? We did try and it didn't work, in my opinion it wasn't for us. Everyone has their own opinions on how they will try and settle, one persons opionion is different from anothers.

I don't feel like a tosser because I have an opinion on how my experience in Australia has turned out, I just feel sad that most of the people on this forum travelling to OZ for a new life think I am?
Janey,
The bottom line is it really does not matter what anyone thinks of anyone else, this is just a forum with all sorts of people with their own opinions and agendas.

People (myself included) don't like to hear that it didn't work out for you or to hear you knocking a dream that for many has been an on going investment in time and money. Having said that it is something that we can use to try and avoid making the same mistakes. Unfortunately when you are so brutally honest and passionate about your experience and views of life in Oz you have to be prepared for the odd few(and it really is just a few) to react so aggresively.

It is human nature to try to defend what we believe in but name calling is just silly. I have been reading the forum for many years and I have my own opinions about lots of people on here but I chose to keep them to myself.

The likes of Dotty and PB are/were very outspoken about their views and experiences, as a result they have had to take a lot of critisism and insults eventhough they both gave so much good, honest advice, but they seem to be able to take it and give/gave as good as they get/got.

All I'm saying is rise above it and protect yourself because if people hear things they don't like they will react so you have to be prepared for it or choose to keep somethings to yourself.

Good Luck
ACE
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Janeyray sorry to hear that you are upset.,especially by people on this forum.
Like everyone else has probably already said it takes guts to go all the way out there in the first place at least you tried to better your life and not just sat moaning and doing nothing about it.
The only thing I will comment on is since being on this site you have put the fear of God into me as we are hoping to go to Perth with our young family and our first priority is to find work.It is a hell of a risk,selling your home etc,but we have just got to do it now or will may regret it someday.Just pray to god that it does not go tits up.If it does.we will be doing exactly the same as you.
So don't worry enjoy your new life back in Nottingham it will certaintly make you realise a thing or two.Cheers Dreamaway
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:12 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ACE
Janey,
The bottom line is it really does not matter what anyone thinks of anyone else, this is just a forum with all sorts of people with their own opinions and agendas.

People (myself included) don't like to hear that it didn't work out for you or to hear you knocking a dream that for many has been an on going investment in time and money. Having said that it is something that we can use to try and avoid making the same mistakes. Unfortunately when you are so brutally honest and passionate about your experience and views of life in Oz you have to be prepared for the odd few(and it really is just a few) to react so aggresively.

It is human nature to try to defend what we believe in but name calling is just silly. I have been reading the forum for many years and I have my own opinions about lots of people on here but I chose to keep them to myself.

The likes of Dotty and PB are/were very outspoken about their views and experiences, as a result they have had to take a lot of critisism and insults eventhough they both gave so much good, honest advice, but they seem to be able to take it and give/gave as good as they get/got.

All I'm saying is rise above it and protect yourself because if people hear things they don't like they will react so you have to be prepared for it or choose to keep somethings to yourself.

Good Luck
ACE
GO, back through , the forums and show me, where dotty & PB ,really showed any real devotion to AUS, i have been here since DOT, and after all this time,they would not have shown any positivity about this country. ........... MM
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:16 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by mr mover
GO, back through , the forums and show me, where dotty & PB ,really showed any real devotion to AUS, i have been here since DOT, and after all this time,they would not have shown any positivity about this country. ........... MM

Seem to be a lot of commas for a breath their MM. You been on the pop or just run up some stairs?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:18 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
Whats this about you having doubts, you are one girl who should be fine, how much research have you done? heaps I know that, and look at you both, in tourism so going to the Gold coast, well planned and researched, not like your moving to Darwin and looking for IT or something is it? You know heat and like it, youve been out twice, you know the downsides (blue ice blocks) You Mrs will be fine People like you dont get shocks you know what to expect

See ya D

Mmm, mrmover, that wasn't to difficult! It was even in this same thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.